Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

We will see how this one comes along. :smiley:

36 33

6 Likes

Looks awesome. Post feedback when tested.

I just realized I ordered wrong motor sprocket. Oh god no…

giphy%20(1)

2 Likes

Are those t8f sprocket from aliexpress ? Was looking at the same kind of sprockets this weekend but couldn’t find compatible motor sprockets, if you happen to find something that works i’m all ears :wink:

1 Like

Yup. I will try to get a fitting wheel sprocket though (6.35mm). I think I could get any thing I want in the new local store I found regarding chain drives. :smiley:

Why do you want to go for chain drives though? Want to go off train? But the wh/km will increase though.

Wet leaves, tons of tiny rocks. The past belts cried, the pulleys cried. I love experimenting too. :slight_smile: I have a belt drive ready now, but I want to feel the chain drive.

2 Likes

just finished my build, have to inflate my tires and go for a testdrive.

any clue how to fix the wobbel in the wheel?

small clip of the first motor

Are your bearings seated straight? Also they do wobble a little, because of imbalance from the inflation stem and the tire being not really that perfect… All major wobble I saw from your video was from the trucks anyways…

I guess the trucks amplify the wobble, I checked the bearing and it is pushed out a little, ( i gues from tightining the rim with the pulley, the internal spacer pushed it out )

Yup, the original spacers are way too wide for this…

Today I get first wheel…but… My axle is too short! How is this possible? I think that axle length is universal. How can I solve this?

Axle length is not universal. What trucks are you using ?

Compound 9.5 wide. I use orangatang kegel 80 mm wheels before. I dint even think it wont fit.

You need extended axles, like TB218 which seems to be very popular in this thread. :slight_smile:

That wobble can also be from the pulley not being completly flat on the rim. Even if the tire has wobble, it shouldnt affect the pulley.

Whats your belt width? Did you cut a versa pulley?

Which trucks are good for this wheels? Are tb only one? I’m from Europe and don’t want to order from states. Or is there any other way to modify this trucks? If yes, how? I’m soooo f… mad about this, because I want to try this wheels soon. @mishrasubhransu tnx for stl files…adapter fits perfectly. Printed with ABS.

Any trucks with longer axles than standard will fit. Ask @dickyho for his trucks if you want. I would still recommend TB218s. Personally I can get them for ~80€ in Europe.

2 Likes