Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

maybe CNC it yourself, if you can.

CNC is not the problem to be honest, the valve seat that is THICC is the problem, it limits minimum height. Like this is what I am talking about:

This is a TR412 valve stem for tubeless purposes.

Yetā€¦

Itā€™s too high:

The only other variant would be to find some kind of similar motorcycle valve stem and try to fit it.

Reminds me of something :joy:

3 Likes

ā€¦of course it does :slight_smile:

4 Likes

index

2 Likes

Iā€™m stuck at trying to get my old bolts out of my hubsā€¦ Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

90 degree ratchet and good old hammer or an impact driver.

2 Likes

Y p. Hammee and Allen key is what worked for me.

1 Like

Did the wheels from this link arrive yet? Are they the same as the other ones in this thread?

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ I got them really quicklyā€¦ About 10 Days from bangoodā€¦ They are the sameā€¦ Here some pics.:

IMG_20190316_150728 IMG_20190316_150653 IMG_20190316_150658

3 Likes

What material did you print them in? Does it fit well?

I Printed them in PETG with 80% infill (Full HoneyComb). And the Adapter and the Pulley fit perfectly as I can judge. Need to order some longer screws. Need to wait for the TB218 Trucks to figure out how to assemble it (Belt lenght & Motor Mount).

The bearings arenā€™t bad eitherā€¦ I donā€™t know if I should change them or not!..

And thank you for the STL Files. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s meant to be printed with 100% infill with atleast 4 walls or so. I should actually put that on thingiverse. Along with the correct screw size needed. Any other suggestions for me?

Belt length is determined using the pulley diameter and motor-axle to wheel-axle distance. You can find calculators online. On TB reverse mount, the axle to axle distance is 100mm with lots of wiggle room.

Please donā€™t change the bearings, unless it has some serious issues.

1 Like

Yeah, I didnā€™t pay attention about the wallcount, but its really strong. Printing at 30mm/s so the layers can be fused a little bit better togetherā€¦

Yeah, maybe the printing config suggestions should be on thingiverse aswell. Yeah, also the information about the correct screw length would be nice. Need to measure it.

But other than that you did a great job creating these 3D models.Even the Belts which I hav laying here are fitting perfectly into the teeth/gaps of the pulley.

Which Program did you use to create the pulley and the adapter, if I may ask.?

Thanks in advance. Can not wait to get a deck for my pneu build. Too much to chose from.

Again, great work you have shared here with us. Thank you! Greetings from Germany! Ron

1 Like

I took some existing cad from pulley manufacturer and made a parametric design in solidworks. So now I can get a pulley with any number of tooth. If you look at tooth profile and my handle you should be able to find the post which gives you the profile.

Hope it works out well for you.

I was wrongly taking the distance measurement from GPS which is pretty inaccurate and also not recommended(in metr pro app). After fixing it and riding for 76km I have these average stats. Screenshot_20190318-025451

Edit: the 76km is over a week or a bit more.

3 Likes

Holy shit thatā€™s a long ride, did you still have legs after it?

Think thatā€™s just all rides combined. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah youā€™re right my bad, canā€™t read properly this time of night

This gives my 12S6P hope. A lot of hope. :smiley:

1 Like