Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

The holes…

My eyes…

1 Like

Haha am I missing something here? What’s so wrong? :hushed:

2 Likes

Aww, thanks :smile:

You think that’s going to cause problems? For sure the 3 hole hubs are build better but people(maxid) have been running these tires with 3D printed hubs, aluminum should hold no? Plus I have seen them on 8"tires and many off terrains setups.

If it starts to wobble or something like that, then they shouldn’t be used anymore.

1 Like

I am mostly concerned about two sided hole and the fact that if you forget to beautify them, they will shred tubes like no tomorrow. I will stay with the three spoke design.

I am also aware of the 3D printed hubs. They don’t have such backhanded holes.

Haha, he did take a Dremel to it and smoothed it out. Plus he put an insulation tape where it comes out.

1 Like

Well that explains why it looks like a relic from world war two then. :laughing:

Hey, c’mon! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it looks worse in the picture. It’s quite rounded now. I honestly didn’t care the couple of times my dremel slipped. I also taped them up as well, just to be double safe, but those edges are as sharp as a butter knife now.

1 Like

It’s all good. Just not A E S T H E T I C. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pff, your face is A E S T H E T I C. I mean… wait.

If you look at the pic with the tires actually on the hubs, it’s not so bad with the tape. If it really starts to bother me, I’ll either trim the tape to clean it up or add a bit of paint.

1 Like

How much were these hubs with airless tires? I wonder if it’s possible to fit the airless variant on the OG three spokes? What’s the diameter?, Where does one buy them? My tube replacement is tingling more and more as the season closes in…

I bought them from diyeboard. I know they haven’t had the best reputation, but I haven’t had any issues with them the couple of times that I bought things (might not buy from them again though).

They came as a set with wheels, trucks, mounts and motors for $288. Bought them last summer.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t fit on the OG ones. They seem interchangeable. Since the hubs with my kit already had spaces for the valve, I assume they used the standardized hub size.

I’m 6’7" and probably about 215lbs or so, so the airless tires just had too much rolling resistance for someone of my size. I’d offer to ship them to you, but I have a feeling the shipping cost wouldn’t be worth it.

Have you tried talking to dickyho? He has airless tires now too. I think his ebay listing is just for the set, but if you message him, I’m sure he can sell you just the tires.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190312183406331_COVER

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190312183656673_COVER

IMG_20190312_183612

1 Like

Why would you go for airless tires after riding the real deal? The real deal is more comfortable and more efficient. @landonkun., what made you decide to go for pneumatic?

I’m 6’7" and 215lbs, so the holes in the airless tires made them too squishy for me. It just wasn’t making the ESC or battery happy.

When I first got into esk8, I thought smaller wheels = more compact, but now that I’ve been doing it for a couple years, I realized that bigger wheels = comfier ride (especially with the shitty roads in my city). The airless tires felt AMAZING. I flew over everything.

I didn’t know much about pneumatics before, and I had seen pictures of people getting flat tires, etc., and I guess that’s why I never really looked into them. But I thought about it more and figured that it can’t be too common of an issue, so that’s why I wanted to give them a try.

1 Like

Yep same, started with 83, went to 100 and then pneumatic. Never going back.

Let me name few reasons: high probability of shattered bottles on bike paths/sidewalks, pins/screws/metal sharp things in general, 4cm tall sharp tiles that have risen just enough to create situations where 8 inch scooter wheels go boom…

Isn’t that solved by putting in that inner tube sealing goo?

Sadly no, the wheel is too small and pressure too high to heal the damage. The only possible way is to use anti puncture strips. Can’t for the love of dog get my hands on ANY of it…

Tubeless adventures are on hold atm, because I can’t find necessary size valve stems with an angle and THICC part for sealing against rims.

1 Like