Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

Hey guys, do you know if the 6 x 2 wheels will fit Evolve Hubs? Also, compared to Evolves 7" tires would I expect to see a slight increase in range due to them being 1 inch shorter? Their widths are the same at 2 inches.

My wheels have arrivedā€¦ They look the business for the money, however when I spin them on the axel the tyre is out of balance in the vertical plane, how do people correct this to stop vibration on the board?

I just had one sample point and it didnā€™t wobble for me. The rest 3 are arriving today for me, I think, along with tb218 and reverse mount.

@amazingdave did you get a chance to print the pulley and the pulley adapter? Is there a specific teeth that you want? I have 50T currently in the folder.

Some aluminum 40t-50t pulleys would be nice for these rims and tires for 15mm-20mm wide belts just a thought

I have the files shared. You can have them CNCed :grin:

3 Likes

So I have these as well and the free rolling is terrible. So I opened up the hub, hammered out the existing bearings which I think were not good to begin with (some Rusty and grind when turned). Then I used a carbide grinding bit to thin the inner bearing seat so that the new bearings I bought would be pressfit instead of hammer fit.

This made the wheel turn much much much betterā€¦

Also, all but 1 were off balanced, I used 5g weights to balance them as best as I could to prevent wobbles when rotating. Usually this is placed on the opposite end of the tube inlet.

2 Likes

@mishrasubhransu Iā€™m not 3D printingā€¦ Iā€™m going to use RS components pulleys modified on the lathe and a cncd adapterā€¦

Iā€™ll try balancing on Mondayā€¦

IMG20180909112849

IMG20180909113055

IMG20180909113351

Working on a geared drive for this wheelā€¦

6 Likes

Sometimes they put a heavy grease which makes the bearing turn less freely. Doesnā€™t affect the performance a whole lot, but increase the products life. @Hummie mentioned something like that. But if parts are rusted, thatā€™s bad.

I would just using tiny pearls like @maxid suggested.

I like it. interested in seeing the progress. BTW, how difficult will it be to change the tire in your setup?

Also, where is that big bearing going to be mounted? On the D-crosssection of the caliber trucks?

How far off a complete gear drive are you? Really interested in thisā€¦

1 Like

Bearing goes over the truck itself via an adapter.

Changing tires is easy, just pop out the adapter (not held onto wheel by bolts).

1 Like

This is the 4th drive I am building (1 flywheel, 1 MBS 100mm, 1 8"can MBS) so I am pretty sure it will work.

Just need to finish the design for the gear cover.

I ordered all 4 at the time, but got only one yesterday, so i guess they shipped all seperatly? https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6811

seems like unbalanced wheels is a common problem. guess its worth buying mbs/trampa hubs?

according to @mmaner, every hub has some wobble(MBS, trampa included) and are a little bit unbalanced except psychotillerā€™s. So for me, as long as they provide a comfy ride without weird noise and vibration without ripping a big hole in my wallet, Iā€™ll be happy. Letā€™s see how these turn out. 3-4 people on these forums regularly use these hubs and are happy, so I am hopeful.

2 Likes

Let me be clear. I have yet to use a nummie, other than 6 shooters, that didnā€™t need some alteration or ā€˜fixā€™ yo be almost perfect. Thatā€™s not to say that a wheel cannot be ā€˜madeā€™ to be damned near perfect. My comment was meant to illustrate that most nummies have some issue that needs attention.

Mine came as 2 separate packages on the same dayā€¦

1 Like

Does it wobble when you spin it?

How does one check for balance?

Going to knock out the bearings and stick the wheels on the lathe to resize the bearing seat. I want to be able To do quick bearing services.

Iā€™m confident that the balancing is easily sorted.

1 Like