Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

That’s really good! My wheels will arrive this week, I’m super excited :grin:

This is for the airless?

No no, this is for the pneumatic tires. My setup.

1 Like

13Wh per km is super good efficiency for pneumatics. What PSI do you run them at?

Also, has anybody else had quality control issues with the 6x2 inner tubes? Two have already failed on me where the valve stem meets to tire :boom:

Put a 2 star review on Ali with the photos of the defect and they will send you new ones.

I run them at 72 psi

3 Likes

Yep I’ve had that failure on one so far.

me too…tried to fix it but that area is impossible to repair.

I managed to fix one using an adhesive called Pratley’s Wondafix.

I partly removed the valve stem and injected some between the side of the stem and the tube which had come loose. I then put a small cable tie around it tightly and left overnight. It’s been holding up well so far (30 PSI so nothing crazy).

Probably not worth the effort but finding a replacement inner tube locally was impossible.

I am surprised you didn’t get 2 spare tires with inner tube. Inner tube should outlast the tires, so even if you get one defective you are still all set.

I had one defective stem out of 8 full tires and 8 tire-tube set. I messaged the shop with photos in Ali Express and they sent me 2 two replacement tubes for free.

2 Likes

I’ve since got two spare tires + inner tubes which should last me a while :smile: I would’ve pushed for replacements from the same store if I’d known.

This is gonna be kinda dumb and I don’t want to shit up the thread with it - but what are some pros/cons of these over TB110’s? I’ve been meaning to grab some pictures, but the town I’ll be riding in has some pretty bad segments of brick road.

I also presume putting 6" pneumatics on a 25" board would be dumb. Is that right, or no? Either way, I’m planning on a single drive 25" and a dual drive longboard. Was planning on tb110 for the longboard, but maybe these are a better idea?

Might be too big and have a ton of wheelbite with “narrow” trucks. All depends on the board shape ofc. If you can, share the shape, these wheels can be just too big to even turn anymore. At least for my deck I will have to cut off some corners from it, and it’s a 41" cruiser… Unless you use Trampa/Trampa style trucks that are super wide. :slight_smile:

I started with 83mm wheels and then 100mm mbs wheels and then these. Although I have 2 working boards, one with 6" tires and the other with 100mm, I don’t feel like touching the 100mm one any more. This one rides smoother and is safer(rolls over everything)

2 Likes

It seems like battery drain/weight(?) would be the biggest setback. More as a dedicated cruising/AT/race board and not so much for a small yet congested college town?

If I wasn’t such a weak bitch it probably wouldn’t be a problem, but I’m going to be recovering from rib-removal surgery pretty soon and carrying shit won’t be fun for a while

If you search for @accrobrandon 's reply here you can find what the exact weight of the wheels are. Apparently they are not much more than 110 wheels.

1 Like

yeah the 107s were only 1oz less per wheel vs this…

linked right to the part of video where i weigh…

2 Likes

Is it possible to install 8 inch trampa wheels on these hubs you think? Thinking of getting a set red 8 inch knobby tires from trampa.

Or the urban treads 6.5 inch.

1 Like

Thanks @accrobrandon for your build updates, tutorials and videos. Also @murloc992 for tips and tutorials on bearing assembly, 3D printing and build updates.

am thinking of creating a new clean thread with all information in one post that people can use as a reference, so I am tagging all you guys to see if you made any progress with the setups and if you had build thread, photos or feedback to share.

@MannyM0E @Bataleon @Tamatoa
@danggilmore @nicOD @AndresIGC @deucesdown @kalebludlow

Had to split into two posts because I can only tag 10 people at most in one post. @Gjf1 @Lambjr088 @Lucajo16 @M.Hboards @captclearleft

One of my tubes have a leak at the valve so I’m going to have to replace it. Is it possible to get tubes in the eu or do i need to get them from China?

I have found 200x50 tubes in eu but i don’t know if that would fit or not…