Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

It’s a 16T motor pulley and 50T wheel pulley with axle distance of almost 100mm. You can calculate the #of teeth that are meshing from that, but it looks like 6 to my eye. Pulley width is 15mm. I run it pretty loose and haven’t gotten slippage yet.

IMG_20190209_171050

1 Like

The belt length calculator was giving me a notification that it could be an issue with only 5 teeth. However it seems like evolve at has even less then 5. 50T will work on my setup but I guess that more torque (60T) would be preferable with these big ass tires :sweat_smile:

With 190kv and 10s I am getting 40mph. That’s plenty for me.

top_speed = 190(KV) * 41(V) * (16/50) * pi*0.15(m) /60(sec) = 18.34 m/sec = 41mph = 66kmph

Ok that’s :+1:. What pressure you running?

72PSI. Vesc tool mobile tells me that I am getting 15wh/km(uphill)

And downhill it’s about 10.5 wh/km. I just did the downhill.

Waiting for my metr pro to make those sweet plots. Until then I have this. This was for the downhillish trip. Screenshot_20190210-042440 Screenshot_20190210-042755

Sweet! I have the metr pro and it’s awesome. I log every ride and it’s been working great! Oh and the ability to change vesc settings thru the phone is awesome.

I can persuade my TIM value to be whatever I want with the help of idlers. Using Dickyho mounts, love them to hell and back.

Can use either 400mm or 425mm belts. 425mm means maximum idler engagement and perhaps 70-80% of tooth engagement on the motor/wheel pulleys. :laughing:

Don’t mind my sacrificial motor and beat up pulley, I am waiting for the new shafts and pulleys to be machined at the moment, but have to build nonetheless. :smiley:

4 Likes

I love the new bearings I put on these wheels. They spin so well, I could fit the entire Jeopardy theme in the freespin time. :smiley:

They’re 80€ct/each CRAFT bearings. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

where did you grab them and what size ?

I grabbed them in a local hardware store called Ignera in Vilnius, Lithuania if that helps a little.

I think you could find them online, like on amazon, just search for CRAFT 628RS bearings. I guess…

or you dismantle the stock bearings, clean them with alcohol and lubricate them with oil or grease

They still felt uneven, some of them were even getting caught up with something and locking up from time to time. Bad bearings. :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder what the efficiency is because of the pulleys.

1 Like

Yeah, long mount, with a short one I’d hit the tire with the pulley no problem…

1 Like

I assume by pulleys you mean idlers.

I doubt it really will impact much(reducing range, etc) as these add minimal pressure and allow me to run loose belts… They are equipped with bearings anyways, add just tension and minimal angle to the belt travel path.

I’ve found this too:

Read a bit more in that thread, it’s a nice thread.

3 Likes

NVM— solved

So @dickyho has an airless offroad setup now that is priced crazy well. He is going to be selling pneumatics ones too. So, do check it out. Here’s theebay link.

Here is his thread

5 Likes

I confirm that the uphill consumption is 15wh/km. That’s puts the average of uphill and downhill at around 13wh/km. I am impressed. This is on stock bearings. Screenshot_20190210-154856 Screenshot_20190210-154844

3 Likes

Frickin insane. I want to ride asap. But there’s like, two more months left to wait for the snow to thaw… :disappointed: