Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

I presume one could use sticky rim strip for that, but probably the rim/tire doesn’t have a bead line to begin with…

1 Like

I got my wheels and took one apart. It’s definitely possible to make them tubeless.

2 Likes

nice, keep us posted.

1 Like

What’s the advantage of making it tubeless?

punctures of the tire don’t matter that much. lighter without a tube.

You could fill the tire with “green slime” or a similar sealant to say total “fuck you” to punctures.

Also quite amazed by the hub machining quality, considering the full wheel cost me less than 16€ with free shipping…

The THICC lip and quite sturdy tire wall is what should allow to convert to tubeless.

5 Likes

Did anyone try to remove the bearings and replace them? Would a standard “pulling hammer” method for pulling them out and simple torquing to put them back in work?

That’s the only “shoddy” part about these wheels I found out by now. One wheel has a locked bearing, another one has one that rotates with an obstructive feeling in the same position of rotation…

1 Like

yep those bearings are bad. i just finished modding my old trucks to fit them and noticed when i torqued the nut down that those bearings are not running free. I will probably buy some industrial bearings and replace them all. Kinda sad, makes the price go up quite a bit.

1 Like

Also makes range go up quite a bit, guaranteed.

but like you said, the rim itself is nicely done.

1 Like

Just need to find out the proper way of replacing the bearings… :smiley:

well just hammer them out or did i miss something. i just visually inspected them.

I’ve replaced them on 2 wheels now, skimmed the rims on lathe to make them a looser fit next time.

1 Like

Best practice for removing them? Will I need a bearing puller?

well they are split, so you can just hammer them out, since the bearings go into the garbage anyway.

1 Like

Would it be tough to get new ones in without having to lathe the hole out further?

try a 360mm belt

don’t know, why would you need a lathe? just buy the same bearings, but non shitty ones.

1 Like

The lathe is so they don’t need pressing out if I need to do a roadside/ campsite/ woodland repair.