Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

you rock dude!

2 Likes

Woot woot… My vex pulleys arrive Thurs… And who knows when on china but hopefully another week. Thanks!

1 Like

Same here. My wheels should arrive this week hopefully Already got the vex pulley Hardware Ima just get at a ACE hardware store

1 Like

Found it :slight_smile:

I got stuck with work and was only able to ship it out today. Tracking number below, you know who you are. IMG_20181129_161235 IMG_20181128_121443 I have included 6 m6 bolts in each package. Sorry, I didn’t have enough for people ordering 2 sets. It’s for fixing the adapter to the wheel. You still have to get 8-32x1 1/4 screws and nuts to mount the versa pulleys to the adapter like in the figure below. image

6 Likes

awesome thanks…all should arrive at the same time then… my wheels just hit NYC sorting center today so i assume by monday they should be here…then operation AT tires in full effect!

I got a pair made by @Trdolan03 for 55. I didnt mind the extra cost cause it wad abs plastic. Great prints. I didnt go the vex versa route though.

1 Like

Nice. Let us know how it worked out. BTW, I print my stuff in ABS too. Abs is just difficult (right temp, right surface adhesion etc) to print with but it’s rather less expensive in comparison.

Uh oh…its…about…to…go…down! 1130181302_HDR 1130181305_HDR

6 Likes

Nice! Clamp it down and use a hammer with a Allen key to get the bolts out. It’s jammed in there really well.

The hole where the filing valve comes out can be a bit sharp. I like to file it a bit.

I was doing a soft mock up to measure for a belt but wondering how id use my idlers when I wont be able to tighten it down for tension? Motor is in a fixed position so not able to slide it forward or back =
1130181456_HDR

Try a regular screw driver to hold the head part in place and a wrench on the nut side to tighten it. It’s what I did on mine with the same issue.

yeah but what happens if you ever need to swap a belt while on the road? u carry that many extra tools or walk of shame? lol (or could just run one motor and limp back to where ever)

Use a vice and take off the outer barrier on your motor pulley. It’ll still stay aligned while riding, but now you can take belts off of there’s an issue.

2 Likes

I took the edge off the vex pulley, but that is a lathe job…

How long did it take for your wheels to come in ? I’m still waiting on mines. Says eta would be tomorrow but tomorrow is Sunday

ETA from china is not reliable. Give it some time.

11 days from order to delivery… they smell soooo good =P i did a mock fit yesterday and ordered some belts so we’ll see once that all arrives… got some of those 6374s coming as well from the BF group buy… im trying to make my board as heavy as possible lol

2 Likes

I got the tb218 trucks and the wheels, still waiting for the pulleys and adapter that @mishrasubhransu generously offered to sell me. Shipping to where I live sucks so the wait was to be expected. Meanwhile, I was wondering if short mounts like the enertion design or the dickyho are good to use with wheels this size. I used the calculator online and it says that the teeth engagement is too low, would longer mount solve that? Which ones do you guys use? I need to order the belts and it will likely take some time to get here which sucks.

Probs @dickyho longer mounts will work

1 Like