Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

So I’ll print one more batch of those pulley adapters for the vex pulleys. As usual just pay me the shipping which is $4 for in the USA for a pair of those adapters. Do let me know if you are interested.

Also I have 1 entire set(with 4 wheels, 2 vex robotics 60T 18mm pulleys, 2 adapter) completely assembled. Again it will be almost at cost price. $18x4(wheels) + $22.0(pulley) + shipping

2 Likes

just sent a pm

ok, im in process of being part of the club…just ordered a set… hope see how these turn out to be!

4 Likes

Ordered a set too, can’t wait! :smiley:

Anybody knows what replacement bearings we can use? Seems to be 8mm hole, 8mm thickness and 24mm diameter… Standard bearings IIRC are 22mm. Should I use some kind of spacer or there are “skate worthy” 628 bearings?

I bought stainless bearings on eBay (from a supplier that’s worked out for me in the past). Not installed them yet as the supplied bearings are doing ok…

1 Like

Yeah, you don’t need to bother about the bearings for now. But for sure, having backups is a nice idea.

my wheels just came today and wow are they nice for $17(I got them on ali express during there 11:11 sale) I just installed the @theimmortaljew vex pulley adapter and it fits great! now I just got to wait awhile to get all my parts(some still undecided) and build it into board!

btw. the wheels only took 7 days to get to me using the free shipping.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: $15 with free shipping??? That’s crazy good deal. Hopefully they can repeat that on blackfriday.

2 Likes

@mishrasubhransu my bad just checked my ali express account they were just a tad more at 17 bucks but still a awesome deal

I had to pay 20$…took a hole month to get Here…lucky you

1 Like

9 pairs of adapter ready! So far I have @AndresIGC for a complete set and a pair of adapters each for @accrobrandon, @Bataleon, @deucesdown. Please let me know if I am missing someone.

I have 5 extra pair, let me know if you would like to get one.

IMG_20181123_000033

5 Likes

Does anybody know a preliminary belt length for a 15:60 setup?

Did Vex cancel the Versa line? I can’t find anything on their website Edit: no idea what I did but now they are available again :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks @mishrasubhransu, really looking forward to trying these!

I just wanted to say, having used these very heavily for over a month, on and off road, they are cheap ass in price but kick ass in functionality…

2 Likes

Just got the pulleys only waiting on wheels now

Hey @mishrasubhransu I’m using the 50T non-spoke 3D printed pulley, and the bolts I got thread through the plastic and therefore won’t let me fully tighten the rim, any chance I could get a modified file with a slightly bigger hole to avoid threading?

3D printing can reduce the hole diameter a bit, so I would suggest to put the screw in through the hole while keeping the power tool rotating anticlockwise. That basically makes the diameter just perfect.

Else if you have a a 6mm drill bit, that will work too.

Do I make sense?

BTW, got any pics of the setup?

I’ll see what drill bits I have, when I get home I’ll send a photo

1 Like

So here’s the final list of people I am sending adapters to:(This is make sure I am not making any mistakes) 1 pair x @accrobrandon 1 pair x @Bataleon 1 pair x @deucesdown 2 pair x @Gjf1 2 pair x @Lambjr088

When tightening the bolts I usually use a setting of 5(out of 10) on my small black and decker power tool. This has worked well for me without cracking the plastic.

1 last pair remains, if you let me know before 3pm tomorrow, I can send it in the same trip to USPS.

7 Likes