Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

do you have a link to those motor pulleys? thanks

Hi, what’s your belt length? Are those TB mounts? What center to center distance do you have there?

I got the wheels, the TB trucks I need the pulleys and belts and I hope I can use my dickyho mounts without problem with such big wheels.

What belt width are you planning to use? I would suggest to go for the vex robotics versa pulley.

And what motor pulley do you have?

Well, I have a few 15t and 15mm motor pulleys so i was planning on using those for now.

I want to get those vex robotics pulleys but I bought too much stuff for now so I cannot order them as they only have Fedex shipping to me and it costs like 115us$ for shipping. If my secret Santa doesn’t send me those I am going to have to order from vex anyways. And I would need to make the adapters too.

How Do you like riding yours so far?

You can have the pulleys 3d printed too. That should cost like $10 in material if you have a friend with a 3D printer.

My belt is 375 because I am using the TB reverse motor mount(center distance 105mm). 52T wheel pulley and 16T motor pulley.

I haven’t ridden it at all. I have everything except ESC. Waiting for some crazy offers during the holidays.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not as cheap here, I went to the only place I found that does print jobs and they charge around 33$ per print hour ( I don’t know how long it takes for 1 pulley) and they only print in PLA which even the guy at the shop told would not be suitable for this.

Thanks for the infos on the belts.

I too am hoping for good deals during the holidays, good luck and happy bargain hunting.

2 Likes

I have a pair of extra versa pulley+ adapter. I can send you if you send me the shipping cost to you + cost of versa pulley(+shipping). I wanna see more people use it. Which country do you live in?

4 Likes

Really!!?!!:star_struck:

I live in Tahiti - French Polynesia, postal code 98702 I will send my full address via pm, I don’t mind paying for the adapter too just let me know.

2 Likes

So did you end up getting them printed?

still available? I have a very similar mount/trucks setup :grinning:

I have a bunch of vex robotics 3d printed adapter(no more pulleys) which I can send you if you just send me the cost of shipping $4(assuming US), you’ll need to buy the 60T or 42T Vex robotics pulleys and fastener yourself.

1 Like

No i never got them done. The library has a congested wait time and it would take 5 hours with there maker bot. The guy also said they use pla filament so im out of luck until i get a printer of my own…or i pay someone to use theres.

@Lucajo16 I can print it for you on my prusa mk3. What are you needing done and in what color/material?

1 Like

So I had 5 extra sets of these adapters for vex robotics pulleys. Two already went to @MannyM0E and @danggilmore and tomorrow I’ll be sending two more out, one to @Tamatoa and other to @nicOD. It would be nice to see them tested by multiple people.

I have 1 more set left. Anybody interested? I would prefer to send all out tomorrow to make it easier for me. You just have to pay me shipping which comes to around $4 in the US.

IMG_20181104_184310

1 Like

I’d like to try but where do I get vex robotics pulleys?

https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexpro/motion/belts-and-pulleys/htdversapulley.html

they are the same as what is used with the six shooters.

The shippings fee of the vex pulleys is ridiculous

1 Like

Your 52t pulley, did you print that as well or is it a stock item somewhere?

50’ish seems to be hard to come by off the shelf.

Yeah 100$ shipping I’m out.

If any of you guys are in Europe, select the UK site (top right of your screen) in the vexrobotics site. I did an estimate for Greece and I get 21.30 GBP shipping, still expensive for a couple of pulleys but nowhere near the prices quoted.

1 Like