Chasing Time | HAYA | Venom Magnum MACH 1 | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | OKP/UNiK mounts | Unity | 12s4p VTC5A | SPARKLE

Sickboards has already shipped the wheels (these guys are awesome, especially Kasper). So that may move faster than I expected !

6 Likes

This goin to be super cool build. Sickboards are awesome, they are fast in every ways. So you’ll be using surfrodz trucks now, i bet you’ll desiging great motor mount for that :yum:. I also waiting my rkp to come but surfrodz still on vacation :grin:. I will try to make mount for them later, kinda lazy tho, the hanger profile kinda hmmm :sweat_smile:. Any chance Unik will selling them in near future? i might just grab some :wink:.

1 Like

Thanks man. We can collab anytime, as you know UNiK is just an identity and I don’t really compete or have business expectations. That’s just fun.

Now for the cells. VTC5 guys or 30Q? I’m planning 12S4P.

4 Likes

Ha! Nice to see a new buildlog! 2019 start well, the setup looks … perfect !!

I would say woman :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This deck is a beauty! But, why does not use the CF one you released this summer?

Cheers :v:

2 Likes

eheh Thanks Kevin. As soon as I’m clear this is also going on our E-SK8.FR forum obviously.

This build is mostly to support HAYA initiative which I think is really awesome. The deck is a masterpiece.

I’ll get some build coming with my upcoming composite deck engineered by KUKA machines in 2019 for sure !

Superbe année à toi grand fou. Hâte de voir tes projets.

Ha, cool, I was going to ask you ! Yeah :wink: it looks like if Gravier getting to work with wood :sparkles::ok_hand:

Good news, you didn’t post enough pics of your coming trucks and deck !! Looks massive!

Merci :blush: to you too and your loved ones !

On order, Sony VTC5A @ nkon. Going for 12S4P. Back to battery building.

2 Likes

Here we go. Thanks @psychotiller and Sickboards.

IMG_5603%20-%20copie

13 Likes

VTC5A ahead. 12S4P.

IMG_5611

10 Likes

Next step is to install the wheels on the deck, and either start the pack building or redesign my mounts for these trucks. In any case both need to happen !

2 Likes

Lights up in the dark. Useless but I like useless details !

80mm axles seems very large (requires 3 spacers). 60mm probably too short. So I may end of for 70mm. Guys, I still don’t know what to do for the motors on this. Thoughts? Dual Diagonal ? Dual Rear 6374?

These are 50 cells.

IMG_5622

IMG_5623

9 Likes

Dual diagonal would be interesting for sure

yeah, that’s also what I was thinking of. My very first board was dual diagonal and it was a monster for the time being

This will also allow me to shorten the hanger width too.

3 Likes

It’s to wide okp for the DH crowd but this is where motors come a issue… surfrodz really isn’t a DH inspired truck either…like @chaka and his dh inspired builds are small hangers and diagonal motors …Most of us run a 150 mm to a 176mm hanger max … a 160mm is the sweet spot with the venom mags will be perfect width but only with diagonal drive tho .I’m trying to get a mount made for the new Aera rf1 truck made by Kevin Reimer and Powell Peralta… absolutely amazing trucks… check them out please… every skater I talk to from DH to trick bowl ripping says these trucks are freaking awesome… and I’m really hoping you will sell some venom pully adapters in your store with your sweet core mounts. I need those venoms mach 1 for my triple beem DH build I’m planning this year. watching this build big time I love it … if you ever build off aera I would love some mounts to please and thank you for this sweet build…I know my friends skatboardshop would love some of these to sell as we are entering the electric skate world in Canada . Cheers

7 Likes

Hey man ! thanks a lot for the feedback. There are toooo many options and getting something universal for some parts is going to be a challenge.

So far, I got only Surf Rodz here to play. One DH rider in France recommends me to go for a dual rear because at higher speeds it is better… I can build whatever you/we need or dream of. That’s why I created UNiK !

I ordered also 70mm axles. So I got a full bunch of possibilities.

For the MACH 1, I’m on it. Just need to figure out where to put the bearing (i.e the more close to the hanger, the more the mount will have to move, the less I need axle space. I guess it’s gonna be trial and error.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Thanks okp I’d love to get another truck available for ppl to try @topcloud can voice a bit I hope. these area trucks I speak of are the BOMB…aera is amazing dh trucks and Powell wouldn’t put there name on something that wasn’t up to par. The best of all they are not 500 bucks to buy a pair either…they are 90 bucks. forged cold steel super strong and lighter then most precision aluminum trucks they are the real deal guys. As for the set up I’m not familiar with the diagonal front and back myself but I am building one to try as I don’t like my trucks wide the speed wobbles are by far more agressive to get ahold of on my foot shifting so I’m limited I was thinking duel rear diagonal maybe but it won’t be pretty looking …I know Chaka does the front and back and he rips his boards and makes the weight evenly distributed throughout the deck with the weight of his motors I think this plays a big roll … my carvon v4 speed drives are scary at high speed corners as my falcon i built every thing was in the middle to the back its very ASS heavy Corning was sketchy at higher speeds when the board would slip it was harder to hold on too… I rebuilt the board moved all the electronics up to the front of the deck well it actually feels lighter but it isn’t and the Corning is by far nicer and when it slides I’m not sliding a whale in ice as much…just some things I’ve learned…but I’m lighter then the average bear I lean to forward and it will do burnouts at 35mph too on full throttle launch with 100amp to each motor … this is where I think front and back might play better…Iwish @chaka would chime in. if you need any information DH skate gear my friends would love to help you I can pm you there email he is starting to get convinced the electric world is coming we just need to use the real tryed and tested skatboard gear not this clone stuff they throw there nose up at it …

2 Likes

180mm Freeride or 176mm DH ? 136 euros per truck.

1 Like

@Frenchy is right about Aera being the new thing :slight_smile:

a local has those gold Aera RF-1 Freerides (180MM / 46º) on a Tan Tien and she swears by them.

RF-1 Carves could be ideal for a single / single, I agree.

Super-stoked for the MACH 1 :dark_sunglasses: I predict UNIK will have a hit bringing these to esk8:

thank you, @okp ! and happy birthday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hehe thanks buddy ! seems I need to use some of my birthday money to buy a set. So Freeride, DH, Carves ? which one do we go ?

To sum up:

• Carve (Dance or Commute) - 50˚ bases - 180mm Width - 88a Bushings
  • FR (Freeride) - 46˚ bases - 180mm Width - 90a Bushings
  • DH (Downhill) - 46˚ bases - 176mm Width - 93a Bushings
3 Likes

Thanks boys …ok so I’ve been thinking you can buy the area k5 lengthend axel to help with more pully play. I was gonna try the 176 dh with the longer Axel’s from the k5. But I have a vendor that I can get parts from this might be harder for the average bear…unless you order right from area yourself

1 Like