Charging on the go

They read all the cells individually. And I’ve haven’t noticed a problem with them unbalancing a pack. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen a lipo pack discharge every cell evenly. Not even the quality packs. with or without alarms connected. I believe what causes this is that the pack’s internal resistance varies form cell to cell This another reason why its so important to use alarms because if just one cell falls below the mark it will sound alarm.

Ive been using lipos for years. First in helicopters now E-boards and Ive never had a fire or any other problem with them. You gotta know what your doing and always do it right. Never take short cuts

@chaka Can you help me out here please? Chaka was the one who told me this so he knows all the stuff.

http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/chargers-power-supply/imax-b6-compact-balance-charger/ if im using this though its just plug and wait right?

The particular voltage meter that I mentioned cycles through and reads every cell and then displays total voyage. If any cell fall below the set point the alarm goes off. The lipo packs discharge unevenly because of varying internal resistance which can vary a lot in cheaper packs like the zippys. So it might seem like the meter is causing this but its not.

you can get that exact voltage meter/alarm without the pretty case for $2 I use them on all my builds. I also have a handful of imax b6 chargers that I leave at home/work so that I can charge on the go.

That charger looks like its DC imput only. So you’ll need a separate power supply to use it. Thats why its cheap. Better to get one with built in power supply. I would not recommend a lipo charger that you can’t set parameters like capacity limit and charging amps. Those are 2 very important settings. Dont skimp on the charger. Its too important. Get a good charger. Like this one that will charge 2 packs simultaneously and only take 1 hour for 5000mah http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SZ1CBVC?psc=1

gotcha dont damage nice stuff using cheap components

The 2$ volt meters work fine and you can just shrink wrap them.

The charger is just a very important investment in my opinion…

do you think it can handle two 5000mah 4s at the same time

yeah I have been using them almost daily for over a year now and I haven’t seen any cell imbalance. I think the draw is so low its not an issue… powering lights and other things off the balance leads could cause imbalance.

ohhh that’s sick!!!

I charge 2 Zippy 6s 5000mah packs at the the same time with a 5 amp charge rate no problem. It takes about an hour to fully charge and balance both packs. When there done, there not even warm. Thats why I never charge higher than 1c even though the packs claim a max charge rate of 5c

Wow honestly u guys this is great stuff!

Its been fun chatting, but I gotta get up early so its Zzzzz time.

Night guys thanks again for all the help!!

yeah 1C charging is plenty. that’s a 6S full charge in an hour with 10A charger.

if you are that impatient that you cant wait an hour for full charge then carry a spare 6S pack in your pocket.

Can you tell me if i understand you correctly?

10Ah 6S has more range than 5Ah 12S? (Indeed it has more torque and highspeed)

I think he is saying the opposite. however I have used 6S for over a year with no heat or current issues… i average about 3 to 5A current draw