Changing my kingpin... thinking about wedging(/de-wedging?) my rear truck

EDITED FIRST POST, didnt make much sense.

sorry I wasnt very clear, I bought bushings from riptide that didnt fit the length of my kingpin. I figured I would just get a new longer one(I found one that works great!) that would fit them…

I already bought canon and magnum bushings too … so maybe I can swap and play around with the different combinations to get my perfect ride.

1 Like

What angle baseplates? What deck?
There are many angled risers in urethane on the market ranging in sizes. To be helpful you would need to see how it is now then angle it accordingly. I mean if you have gone from a 50’ on the back to a 35’ then effectively it should be more stable at speed. Look at the evo deck for example de wedged at the back and wedged at the front.
This is a good thread for all things truck related.

1 Like

Soft pads angled or not are a bad idea and don’t work.

Good thread here also!

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/split-truck-angles-wtf-are-they-and-why-should-i-care-and-other-stuff-about-trucks/57929?u=alphamail

2 Likes

Not to go off topic but I use straight urethane 3mm risers for vibration dampening. Why is this bad?

2 Likes

In order to act as a dampening device, a pad should not be clamped, in order to mount trucks, they need to be clamped tightly to the deck which defeats the dampening of the pad

1 Like

Respect your very informed opinion my friend but I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Before I installed the risers my enclosure bolts would loosen over time. Now it doesn’t happen so they must be doing something. I must say though the threads on bushings and wedging have been some of the most informative reading i have done on here and very helpful in setting up all of my builds so far. So thanks for that.

1 Like

There is some effect 4 sure but the clamping force of the mounting bolts eliminate a lot of the pad’s potential effectiveness.

1 Like

Is there a difference in the vibration dampening between rubber or urethane.

1 Like

In either material, it is a function of rebound, as rebound goes down, dampening goes up.

Why would you change your kingpin? I’m not following

1 Like

can you explain this a little? What would you use for vibration dampening on regular trucks that use the ‘clamping force’ you spoke of