Changing from 6s to 9s with a single 260 kV motor

Hi all,

I’ve made my own E-Board a few months ago and it has served me very well during the summer. I once did a test ride while measuring my speed with an app ( can’t recall wich one). My top speed was 39 km/h. This was on a 6s battery. 15/36 ratio (Enertion pulleys) and 260 kV motor.

Ive dialed my specs in this calcuator and found out these numbers ( http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:6,“motor-kv”:260,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:15,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:36,“wheel-size”:83}| )

It says my max weighted speed should be 30 km/h. So good news, I can go faster with this board. (even though I don’t know how it’s possible, maybe the app wasnt correct enough. It definitely felt way faster then 30km/h.)

Now I want to go even faster, so I was thinking about adding one 3s cell in series giving me a 9s battery. this would give me these speeds http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:9,“motor-kv”:260,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:15,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:36,“wheel-size”:83}|

45 Km/h weighted speed, fast enough if you ask me.

Now for the real question.

** I have “programmed” my VESC a few months ago, so I havent hooked it up on a PC for a while. I have read on this forum about a VESC fault if you write new information on it. Does this also affect me when I just set other voltage limits and maybe adjust my braking force a little? Also, someone else with this setup and can give me some feedback on how it rides? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance everyone!

EDIT: on 9s my ERPM is 60606 = sweet spot?

You’ll actually be at about 65k erpm at full charge. May error out and break your components.

Will it be ok if he sets the erpm limit at 60k in bldc tool?

I believe he has to set the soft eRPM limit in app config. I heard setting the limits on the motor tab causes the VESC to shutdown or brake. I always setup for a <60k eRPM so I never messed with that to know for sure.