CARVON V4 ExoDrive = TorqueDrive -- CLOSED

Yea the Exo uses the Koowheel ESC, I’m just moving from 97mm ABEC 11 to 100mm Boas. I haven’t ridden it yet but I’m expecting a bit of a lost in torque so acceleration/braking will take a slight hit but I’m trading up for comfort, a wider contact patch, and higher top speed. The Exo Pro had no problems driving the 97mm, the acceleration was already pretty damn amazing on those, I don’t think the 100mm would make a huge difference. I wouldn’t recommend using the ESC with 107 ABEC 11’s though, only a VESC can drive those.

These babies arrived today

IMG_5874

5 Likes

Is that a Cone/Barrel bushing combination? Do you know what size pivot cups would fit these?

No idea sorry, @LEVer will have to answer that

Edit: looks like cone/barrel on both trucks, idk about pivot cup

Edit2: okay now that I’m coherent, it’s actually not barrel cone, both have left road side and right board side @Chupacabra image

1 Like

Mine just came in the mail today :smiley:

Another one just to get an idea of the massive size of these things.

@LEVer My set of extra Kegel adapters never came.

6 Likes

yep its the miami electric boards deck, using these drives on a campus board for now (I know, wasting their potential) cause I have a fun board already and not enough extra money to make another fun board.

1 Like

Second set of pulleys have arrived image

Nothing like a perfect fit image

3 Likes

@LEVer

Any updates on the indegogo shipments?

Still waiting patiently :slight_smile:

I have tried contacting you through other means but nothing lol

The drive looks amazing and cannot wait to get my hands on it.

3 Likes

Has everyone from this group buy received their drives? I still don’t have mine and it seems they’ve gone silent again :tired_face:

1 Like

Please don’t double post, it’s like litter… :disappointed:

1 Like

Anyone not using their vesc adaptors/know where I can get some? It’s all I’m missing

Are you looking for those?

If you want to connect the phase wires to your VESC I would look into soldering the apropriate bullet and sensor JST-PH connectors to the motors.

2 Likes

Jeez I almost died a little when I saw the original price for those cables - $89 USD!!!

Yeah, definitely not going to buy those. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They have the same cheap connectors as diyeboards too.

They’re listed at $20 when I checked.

anyone have any idea on what’s happening with the speed drive XLs. literally been waiting for a year

What was your lottery ticket number? This seems to be how Jerry is choosing which paying customer receives their product.

9 Likes

#1076 and #1084

1 Like

Sorry you did not win :blush: haha jk

9 Likes