Carvon V3 plans, and also what do you think about hub motor reliability in general?

sorry for digging up the thread but is there any update on the V3s? Seems like the detachable wheel is the leap that makes a hub motor practical. And frees up room on the deck for more battery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Carvon has stated that they are focused on their v2.5s currently and the EMC-x. So the V3s kind of are on the back burner for now, that was my impression. So they will not be out for quite some time. That’s why I’ve kind of forgotten about them. I guess I’ll look into these next summer if they are out by then even.

I’m strongly considering mellow though. I know it won’t have the performance of the carvons, but I like the fact that I can just mount it to any of my existing decks.

I have a mellow ordered from their kickstarter campaign. Will try and post a review when it arrives.

I have always been concerned about hub motors with recessed rotors.

Metal can shear and I would feel anxious about damaging/warping axels.

Aren’t they shipping in like 6 months?

if you order now they’ll ship in March. For older pre orders and kick starter backers they will ship in February.

Soon on kickstarter (via http://www.carvonskates.com/)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing Mark.

Everyone help to spread the word, his products speak for itself. I owned a Single v2 and it was such a beautiful feeling, no drag and no sound whatsoever. If you have any question, please contact Jerry through the kickstarter comment section.

He needs to raise 50K to buy new machines to produce the EVO’s at his own space and not depending of third party’s. I’ll probably get EVO 2WD’s early bird for 999$! If I had the money I’d go for the 4WD, but that’s not happening in any near future.

1 Like

You won’t be able to buy just the single hub motor kit like you can with the v2.5, confirmed on the Kickstarter.

Has there been any recent news on the v3? I’m really looking forward to having the ability to swap wheels as I please, while still having a a hub style motor.

1 Like

There is.

If you go to the carvon website and click on the kickstarter link you can learn all about.

That hub motor looks aggressive! Waow that is impressive! A question for you gurus, as of today, where can I buy individually the best hub motor on the market ? Let me know, thanks

PM me I can offer something you may like to consider.

I’m a little new to this stuff. Where do you buy Carvon motor/wheels? The site only sells complete decks (as far as I can tell). I’m looking at 2.5s. I sent them a message but haven’t heard back. I’m 185 lbs and have hills all around… Downtown Cincinnati. Should I be considering hub motors?

You wont get v2.5 from Carvon. You can try asking for v3 but i think all v3 speed drives were updated to v4 speed drive.