General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

My top recorded speed is 40.8 mph. This was with abec 97s on my v3s, not sensored or FOC, and my 12s4p Lg HG2 battery pack.

2 Likes

How much do you weigh?

Phone gps for speed measurement?

1 Like

145 lbs 10 char

2 Likes

Awesome dude! Not many 40mph eboards out there that I know of.

1 Like

I wish I was that Light o go at that speed haha. Was it on 12S or 12S

Math says its 12S

1 Like

I was lucky enough to be able to try out @BigBoyToys 4wd carvon beast of a board yesterday along with the carvon Evo and Exo. The 4wd board had rediculous tourque at every speed and never stopped accelerating(I got up to 30mph and it was still accelerating like it was at 10) I genuinely could only hold the throttle down all the way for 2 seconds(given I only weigh 130), and then I had to let up or I’d be thrown off. The carvon evo had significantly less startup tourque, id compare it to a powerful single drive belt board, but then past 10mph it had much more accelation power and would pull away from a a single drive belt board. The exo had a considerable amount of startup tourque getting you to its top speed very quickly. Sadly the one I tried was limited to 18mph but the final version should be able to go 24. An amazing thing was how eerily silent and smooth all three boards were, even the 4wd beast.

4 Likes

Awesome meeting and riding with you yesterday! Glad you liked the boards. We are hanging out there again today at 2pm if you or anyone else wanta to join. I’m gonna do some efficiency testing during the ride this time with the Ackmaniac app.

3 Likes

Besides the awesome power of @BigBoyToys 4WD is the weight of it. Most comments on the Raptor2 is about how it’s weight feels great at high speed. Derek’s board is 30lbs and definitely gives you confidence at high speeds. I think I’ll attempt a 4 direct drive board on the next build. Had a great time riding with ya’ll. Let me know if you come to OC and I’ll join!

The hard part is getting the 4 carvon’s :wink:

4 Likes

yeah even just 1, i have nine boards and all these wheels, i either have to figure out what motor he;s starting with, and build my own. no way am i buying these exos, ect, i just want the motors, have three boards ready,.I see several other people making thier own, Fliess has a nice set, up with thicker axle. looking at lathes and cnc machines now. Otherwise looks like a LONG wait to get 4 of these v3,s So glad I stumbled on this Eskate thread, forum. Coolest stuff I.ve seen all year. Been waiting a LONG Time to see electric get some decent numbers. These boards numbers speed up hill, and range, I could drive it to work and plan to. You guys all have great info, I’d buy 8 motors today if available. Wont buy two boards just to get 4 motors.I’d gladley Back some of this but this is all new to me. Everything sold out or fluff boards, looks like some milking, but i get that…Cant wait to see what happens in the next six months. Gut says we’ll have a universal mount or two hubs that will accept the entire range of wheels. Soon. Just installed my skate rack on my motorcycle two weeks ago. Carry three boards…

I’d build one just like you had , Feel like i took a 6 week course in Eskates just reading this thread forum alone the past 3 days. Killer info there BigBoyToys. I cant wait to see what happens in the next six months, I’d buy 4. or 8 motors rite now if they uncork them. You see Fliees, thread he built his own truck Thicker axle. I may do one like that my self due to those heat issues you mentioned. These are only gonna get more powerfull by the month. Telsa Car Tech in a skate LOL. Might grab a lathe and cnc machine in the next few weeks. This Forum made my year. Im new to this forum cant navigate, share pics ect. Holla at me if you know how I can get these v3’s, I cant buy two of those boards just to get 4 motors. Sigh. Eyeballing the vescs and FOCS reading my but off to fully wrap my head around these. Seems basicly the Throttle, to the power delivery is essentially the tranny. Guess I need a good heat sensor too, Whats best? anyway Im ranting. Peace.

1 Like

We rode again yesterday and the 4wd Carvon board turned out to be more efficient than any of us expected! 13-15 whr/mile. These V3 speed drives are awesome!

1 Like

4v Group Buy anyone?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/official-carvon-v4-group-buy/36289?u=michaelinvegas

2 Likes

That awesome news!

Not any more, get in while you can

2 Likes

15Wh/mile for 4WD, that is awesome!

1 Like

Yeah, better than I would have ever expected