General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Jerry is doing a few different things. Some of his parts are original, the budget baord parts are derived from Koowheels parts with his own twist. You can’t produce a $800 board without mass produced parts and minimal customizations. In order to reach the beginners and on-fence enthusiasts, you have to give them something with your flavor that they can actually afford. that means a lot of compromises you simply wouldn’t ever make on a $2k+ board. The EXO is solving a lot of koowheel problems and is actually a lot of bang for the buck. Or will be, rather.

7 Likes

Just to clarify I am talking about the V4 torque …not the V3 or V4 speed drives.

1 Like

I totally understand why he is going with Khoowheel parts for EXO. Also V3 and V4 Speed Drives based on Sk3 seem really nice and work well. One thing I want to know is he is using Koowheel stator for his V4 Torque Drive cause it seems like he is…he really has to step up with the torque drive and have some nice efficient custom made stator.

1 Like

I’m not sure. I do know Jerry wouldn’t use something that was bullshit, so if he is using it its because it tested well and is up to snuff.

4 Likes

The EXO still looks awesome I love what carvon is doing making different boards for everyone

2 Likes

Well like Jason (Enertion), Jerry has the best of intentions, but he is handing off a lot of the manufacturing of parts to Chinese manufacturers. Hopefully quality won’t suffer or there will be delays like the Raptors

There probably will be delays in manufacturing of parts. I’m just glad all we’re doing is assembly and not handling any of the sourcing of things other than the boxes.

1 Like

Its just the times now. Chinese manufactured parts a hell of alot cheaper then USA made parts. It keeps the cost for the companies down to make better profits but it is alwasy nice to see a drop in price kicked back to the consumers. I would love to take the EXO for a test spin.

4 Likes

You have a chance at that this weekend! Come join us!

1 Like

@joeadams101 I’m on the east coast so I would have to hope on a plane just to test them out.

Joe you SOB, why didn’t you let us know sooner…or like when I met you a few weeks ago! too effing busy this weekend and too late to cancel…I’m going to a ONE year old birthday party and Disneyland for the billionth time…oh yay =(

2 Likes

Who pays that much and deals with all that Disney for a birthday the kid won’t even remember? Simon got a cake to play with. At the park around the corner. He had a blast and the whole party was $50. Parents are weirdos.

9 Likes

I’d really love to go to santa Monica I live so close but I have to work and can’t miss :cry::sob::sob:tryana save up for the carvon speed drives when they go back in restock

1 Like

I second this. As soon as the motors alone are for sale im in for a set.

I already have a pair of V3 and i just can’t wait to get my hands on a new pair to go AWD. Those drive are truely amazing.

4 Likes

I’ll try and bring out my EVO 4wd with V3’s in case anyones wondering what an extra set of speed drives does :wink:

4 Likes

What kind of speed are you getting? What configuration are you running and what’s your weight?

https://m.facebook.com/events/542095109470184?view=permalink&id=542095112803517

Fo now with 10S and 90 kg full gear i have a top speed of 49 - 50 km/h I am building a 12S5P 30Q cells so I will have more range and more power and less voltage sag. Because with my 10S3P 25R the voltage sag is huge ( at 50 - 60 % i have already some sag )

Anyway Because i’m one of the few with a V3 speed drive i’ll do a full and long review of the motors after approx 2 month of use when I’ll have my motors on the final set up. 12S is the way to go with those. Can’t wait to try it out. Maybe the build will be finished at the end of next week.

1 Like
3 Likes