General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

I was lucky enough to order a set of V4 sd’s by contacting Jerry via mail when they took down official single sales. Paid a month ago, couldn’t get an answer from carvon after asking them for an order confirmation via their 2 mails, contact box or facebook… :frowning:

He said it would take 6 weeks to be built.

Has anyone had success trying to communicate? Instagram maybe?

I’ve been able to speak with Jerry or at least a representative of carvon, I do know that they are still only doing completes and am pretty sure they won’t be shipping v4s till after those are out

I got to ride the Carvon EXO today. Im kind of a power junkie and wasnt expecting much from a board powered byna 10S2P battery. I was pleasantly surprised with how much torque the V4 torque drives have, even on 97mm wheel. The exo took off smooth and accelerated well right up to its full speed quickly (felt about 20mph), especially considering that 10S pack only puts out somewhere between 20-40A total. Braking was good too. I took a few laps around the parking lot with it and didn’t have any remote cutouts either. Hardlyna comprehensive test but I figured Id share my initial impression with you guys.

I also had my 4wd EVO with V3’s and 107mm super flys out today. It keeps up with the stock Evo2 with just 10A battery 60A motor to each wheel even with a 100lb weight disadvantage. When I turned it up to 37.5 A battery 60A motor it just pulled away with ease. Jerry posted a video of both races on his IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaSt4V7AvGE/

Jerry also confirmed that the EXO will start at $699 and go up over time eventually ending at $999. He hinted that the Indigogo campaign might launch tomorrow in case any of you were hoping to lock in the lowest price. I think its just the 1st 20 Exo’s that will cost $699.

Https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/7073bcad#/

6 Likes

Where’s your brain bucket? I hate to be annoying with this but considering carvon’s history and your duty as an extreme eboarder to keep our sport legal, you shouldn’t be riding that fast without a helmet.

7 Likes

insert obligatory clip here

3 Likes

I’ve successfully message Jerry privately on instagram. Very responsive to my n00b questions as well.

2 Likes

20 at $699 then 50 at $749 then 100 at $799

1 Like

10s2p wtf :frowning:

1 Like

I know right? that is what makes it hard to bite the bullet. I felt like they should have at least worked on a larger battery, swappable system could accommodate a “longer” battery

Its like buying a Ferrari with a civic engine in it or having a diamond ring but the ring is made of plastic. Just doesnt make sense. Taking a great product and combining it with an inferior product.

It’s all about production, so many people complained about wait times so they had to ramp up production, by only having to assemble the drive trains they are saving a considerable amount of time and money and customers get their boards faster

2 Likes

:flushed: you’re absolutely right. I was wearing it on and off while doing low speed cruising around the parking lot, but took it off during cleanup then somehow things escalated quickly to “Hey, lets test the 2wd vs. 4wd” lol. I didnt even realize I didnt have it on until I saw this video. I’ll do better :+1:

4 Likes

More like a ferrari with a civic gas tank butnat least its swappable. The board was very light as well(which I domt need, but I know its important to many that use tthem as transportation, my boards all weigh near 30lbs or more).

3 Likes

come to think of it, the battery restriction is due to Koowheel’s deck length and slide-in mechanism. longer battery would mean having to take off the front trucks to swap batteries.

2 Likes

I always enjoy taking off my front trucks on the side of the road to swap batteries. It’s the best part.

3 Likes

Is there a special link to access to Indiegogo page? I signed up on Indiegogo to be alerted for the early bird perk but haven’t seen anything come through yet.

unless they were to redesign and make it slide in from the side… :wink:

2 Likes

this is the PREVIEW link. hasn’t gone live yet any minute now…I’ve decide to not purchase this deal as I have a V3.

https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/7073bcad#/

It’s live now

The campaign is not live yet. Once it goes live you should receive a notification.

2 Likes