General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

People are definitely receiving boards. My buddy just got his evo, and some guy on reddit just made a post about his.

1 Like

do you know if thats from Kickstarter or through their website? I have a REVO from kickstarter and its almost october with no final decision survey sent out

Hey Mike. What are the 6-pin signal wires coming from the motors? Does that hook up to VESCs?

Yes. That’s the sensor wire. You don’t have to use it if you want to go sensorless. Just tape off the connector

Whats the typical setup for builds? I have 2 Maytech 50a ESCs. Also a beginner, so assuming sensorless would be easiest?

Do the run sensors/FOC on Maytech VESC’s, unless you wanna buy new ones.

Can u upgrade to better speed controllers? It would be a shame to lose out on the sensored start up and motor temp control the V3’s are ready to offer. If you are using the vesc tool the wizard makes it just a couple more guided steps to get them going. Other sensored motors ive had came with the wrong sensor connectors and also have the sensor lead the wrong length. The V3’s came ready to go. Plugged them in, ran detection and away I went.

1 Like

I’m hoping to get up and running soon, so planning to go ahead with the Maytech’s (Carvon recommended I get VESCs from Psychotiller and those were the only ones he had.)

Are the Maytechs just crap? Anything I can do to ensure they will last longer?

What other VESCs would you recommend? My setup is 12s 6600mAh with a Bestech BMS.

Ive had really good luck with the FOC box and the square shape works really well in my enclousures. I haven’t used Maytech veecs so I cant comment on them. @yummylobs sells them for a great deal.as well.

If you cant use sensors or FOC on the maytechs that would be a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

If the VESC’s are advertised as sensored, does this mean they have FOC?

https://psychotiller.com/product/50a-maytech-vesc

Just so everyone is aware, i’m still building the device that will be used to determine what everyone thinks so we can finally answer the main question of this thread.

4 Likes

None in stock at that moment, but Jerry suggested I use “the one from HobbyKing, There are the same as I use” That vesc comes from the same factory that makes SK3 motors which is what CarvOn used and supposedly B.Vedder developed vesc using the sk3 motors, thus are a perfect match.

This is the only VESC I found?

found this thread regarding it:

Hmm I am looking at these wheels …am I correct that these would fit on v4 Torque Drive ? They seem simillar to 6" pneumatic ones that are meant for Carvons.

Are those tires mounted in @psychotiller sixshooter wheels?

2 Likes

To me It seems like they are … but we may ask @mmaner that’s his wheels.

They are, I’ve got a blue set on the six shooter wobblies and the purple set on the final version of the six shooters.

So do you actually like these tires ??

I do, they are grippy like thane but smooth like numies. They are really fun to ride.

Any issue firing them on sixshooters? I seem to remember a thread where you got them mounted?

No issues at all. Just hand pressed them I. Then screwed the back on, remounted the gear and good to go.

1 Like