General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Have to agree with @willpark16 and @BigBoyToys on pricing. It may not be cheap, but seems overly competitive relative to comparables (other than China clones lol).

1 Like

Does Carvon sell just there truck with v4 direct drives?

Not currently though many people want that

1 Like

I think it would be a good idea to sell them separately they would make a lot of money from the diy community

Has anyone here seen any pricing thrown out for the 4wd option…

I really would like to buy the trucks and motors separately so we could use any deck.

Oh btw whats the difference between v3 and v4 variants?

V3 & V4 speed drives are the same. Only differences it the part that attaches to the wheels. V3 is only compatible with genuine Flywheels. And V4 works with clones (got this info from their Instagram answer to me). Never tried to slap on clones on my V3. I do wonder what the difference is between clones and OG?

Interesting. I woud’ve thought clones would be well… clones… aka same hub lol

The difference in the clone core is subtle but it there. The clone spokes are thicker. Carvon has a set of V4 adaptors to Abec 11 on their website right now though. The old clomes used to have the same core as the abec 11’s but that changed within the last year or two.

3 Likes

Awhile back, I asked him that exact question. He threw out $999 plus a set of Flywheels thrown in for free.

How do I get in touch with the owner of carvon? Is he on here?

No Jerry is no longer on the forum. You can message him on instagram

Carvon does have a state of the art drive system. But jeez, they just raised the price for the 2WD EVO to $2000. At that price point, the power delivery and braking will have to be flawless not to mention reliability which seems all over the place with pre builts. It is interesting how the prices fluctuate during development. I get the sense too that the market may be ready to explode with interest. Was in Chicago this Summer right on the lake and did not see any esk8 activity. Sales of esk8 could double next year and double again the year after. That would definately help with prices.

Still waiting on my August 9th Order

V4 4WD

1 Like

I’m actually contemplating on the EXO for $700. I paid $500 kickstarter for the V3. I could’ve gotten the V4 for $100 additionaI I think, so just the drive at an early adopter price would be $600…for one more $100 I can get a complete board!!! the battery is only a 10s2p though

Dubs on ur v3 if you end up getting rid of it

lol, hell no, I’ll just make a 4WD since there will be two more VESC with the EXO

2 Likes

doesn’t look like they’re delivering the boards tho, i barely see anything in regards to carvon and people actually owning their boards. raising the price of something they’re barely delivering…