General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

anyone know if 107mm abec will be good on the V4 SpeedDrives?

Ive used them with the 107’s. They work great if you arent climbimg any long hills. Low speed acceleration is definitely reduced though.

2 Likes

Looks like it takes about 4000 watts (5hp) to get above 40mph. It turns out the board is still creeping up in speed when I thought it was maxed out. I let it all hang out for 25 seconds strait on this video check out how fast it went. I bet it has another couple mph left if I had the room.

12 Likes

49mph-nearly 79kmh :punch: :smiling_imp: BBT for the W

3 Likes

Nice, thanks a lot for posting a video! It’s quite impressive, I must say.

I was looking into building a 4WD with Carvon V4’s and am in the process of designing a 100-120A BMS for it. From what I understand, the V4 uses a slightly smaller motor than the V2’s, just at a lower kV. So I suspect efficiency to be similar. Unfortunately, this probably won’t be realized until way later, and I don’t know if I want to go that fast anyways. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You got to 80% duty cycle and the VESC tops out at 95% so I’d imagine you’d be able to get that last 15% if you had more high end torque. Friggin crazy board tho, congrats. What are your batt and motor max set at?

1 Like

100A motor and 37.5A battery, absoulte max 130. Im gonna up the absolute max to 150 and try again.

3 Likes

FYI @caustin

Looks like you were correct that the angle should’ve been measured on the other end…really hard to do one handed without hangers, but looks to be 50 degrees?

1 Like

Got them in the mail this morning ! Carvon hits the streets of Paris !!! Tho I m unaware of the type of banana connector they used. It’s not compatible with the 5.5 bullet connector. What hould I buy in order to use them ? :slight_smile:

Is it some 2,6 mm banana connector ?

4 Likes

Those are 4mm bullet connectors. Unfortunately Motor and ESC manufacturers haven’t agreed on 5.5’s, 4’s or 3’s.

Thanks. I think I’m gonna resolder some 5.5 bullet because I can’t find some 4 mm gold Female connector. ( actualy found some but only with a 20 days shipping and I waited long enough for the motors now i wanna ride :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

6 Likes

Relatable :smile:

1 Like

Ive been using these lately. Much more convenient when its time to swap motors.

LHI 10 Pairs MT60 3.5mm 3-pole Bullet Connectors Plug Set For RC ESC to Motor- US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FCVJBQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_Ai4jiU26QLr1v

3 Likes

Anyone know if Carvon will sell single drive kits? I’m looking for a single hub for a small board.

There is a very good chance they will never sell single drive…

@Hummie would be your guy if you wanted single drive

How quiet are Carvons on FOC?

This quiet

2 Likes

I realyl like the idea of nice coasting with direct drive. But $1800 ? I predict this price will have to come down before sales are robust.

Evolve sold their crappy gt for nearly the same and look how many people bought those, carvon offers incredible products, and one of the best boards on the market, while I would also like the price to go down, he’s gotta make a living and you are paying for something that is of great quality

3 Likes

I doubt the price will come down. Its $200 more than the boosted board but offers 3x the battery capacity, bigger motors that cost much more to make, near double the top speed at a tested 38mph, a better deck and more expensive wheels. It seems to be priced appropriately imo. Not a single productuon board that available breaks 30mph except for mayne the raptor2 on a full battery charge and with a light rider.

4 Likes