General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Thanks. I’ll try 30…Do you know the reasoning behind the cogging?

ERPM are 0 because that was not a actual screenshot of my settings, I just typed it in from my paper (I cross out and write in my changes on a print out for record keeping ) Too lazy drag in my board from the car =)

Could be saturating the motor, some times less is more. Also don’t think your batteries can handle 120A of batt current.

@Blasto Ben was talking about implementing some code or adding some manual adjustments to help deal with Saturation on his forum a while back. Do you know if that was ever done?

1 Like

Does this count as an EVO4? Hahaha, gonna go test the top speed on this board before I swap the V3’s on.

12 Likes

I think it’s time to change this thread title to the “V3 is here”

2 Likes

Thanks, super helpful!

Awesome, want to hear about torque drive performance as well as 4WD…and how you compare it to your speed drive experience!

1 Like

It was you who got those v2 from tb!!! I tried to get those off him :joy::joy:

1 Like

Sorry Will, it was me. I was trying to work a deal with him for them for a while but when he said he had another buyer I bit the bulle lol.

1 Like

I thought the truck angle is the angle from the pivot cup through the center of the hanger? Say you add an angle wedge for more steering it would decrease the angle of the king pin but increase the angle of the hanger.

Is it? I have no idea how angles are measured in trucks.

If you lower the detected resistance after motor detection by 10-20% it will likely eliminate the cogging.

1 Like

All good glad they ended up with someone like you, I wouldn’t have used all 4 anyways, but I’ll have a dope build thread soon

1 Like

The Evo deck is super stable at high speeds. It hit 46mph on a top speed test last night. Geez its scary fast.

9 Likes

I’m curious, what’s your max continuous current at those speeds?

1 Like

What’s the kv of the new v3s and what sized stator is in them? Cheers to whoever can help

were you riding it?

1 Like

This sounds like voltage sag.

I only hit 43, but my buddyngave it a try who weighs 140 and hit 46.

4 Likes