General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Just asked yesterday when they would ship if you were to order a V4 SpeedDrive right now on their shop. He said “Shipping is now mid-September for the new batch.” Not sure if that means that present orders necessarily will actually be part of that shipment.

2 Likes

My carvon v3s are waiting at my post office. Too bad there is a 5 day backlog because everyone is moving into college. The wait is killing me slowly

Did you get a choice on weather you wanted the black powder coat or to leave it raw?

1 Like

That’s what I was wondering too! Where can I choose wheel type, diameter and truck color? Edit: regarding the V4 SD when you try to buy it in the shop.

No I did not have the option to choose powder coat or raw.

So I take it that they are coming in black only. When did you order yours?

so the kickstarter orders are shipping? Did anyone get tracking information? Haven’t heard anything… :frowning:

I havent heard anything as well. Was hoping get some kind of update.

I had a buddy riding my V3’s tonight. We went on a 10mile ride with lots of hills and a bunch of drag racing and top speed runs. The motors are temperature protected using the new VESC tool and 3.26 FW but never hit the 80 degree high temp soft cut as far as my buddy could tell. He also hit 35mph on the gps with only 56% battery. Settings are 30/-6 Batt max/min , 60/-60 motor max/min on FOC and in Current mode (which has reverse). Braking seems to be much better with reverse enabled. Brakes would probably would be better still if I had a battery pack that would accept more thsn 12A total of regen current.

Just thought I would share. Ill have the 4wd Evo test coming :grin: soon

4 Likes

When did yours arrive ? Did you get the pre built or just the V3’s ?

Motor only order. He brought my order to a group ride. They were one of the 1st couple pairs. They dont have the anodized coating or rubber sleeve on the rotor

2 Likes

are you saying the temp sensor is in the motor?

Yeah the motor temp sensor.

1 Like

After my buddys successful ride last night I figured Id try my luck on the board. I rode the board about a mile downhill to the grocery store and then back up the 7% grade hill with two gallons of water and a bag of groceries. The board carried the 320lbs back up the hill at over 20mph and didnt hit the soft back off either. Considering my experiences with dual hub setups in the past I was pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

are those the speed motors?

1 Like

Yes sir, V3 speed drives.

4 Likes

that’s really cool.Iv’e been kinda following your builds as i’m new to this and also weighing about 285.not that I would use it all but would love to build a monster

1 Like

What have you got in mind?

1 Like

Now I’m thinking of a dual speed v4 setup after reading how powerful yours is. I didn’t expect it to perform that good. Although I’m dying to hear the result from your4wd. I’m gonna buy a redember deck

2 Likes

What kind of range you think your dual and 4wd setup will get?