General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

They strained really hard when I tried the 107mms. Even with 4wd I can tell you they will not be happy unless you kick start, stay on the flats and weigh less than 130.

2 Likes

The V3/V4 Speed Drive actually has 2500W per motor. Only the V4 Torque Drive has 1000W.

Btw: 97mm wheels are of the table for the V4 Torque Drive:

Instagram: carvonskates: 97mm would make the motor too low on these. Better to use the v4 SpeedDrive.

1 Like

But in one of the post he wrote that 100mm MBS will work with Torque Drive…so at least that’s good news.

@BigBoyToys How are they on 97mms?

Maybe go hybrid. Torque drives on the rear, speed drive in front.

They strain noticeable harder on 97’s too. I think you could get away with them if you are light though. Im 280lbs.

I think the 90’s will be just fine 4wd for me. Thats probably how Ill keep it. It rides really well with the 90 mm already. Ill probabky save the 107s for a 4wd v4 torque drive build, but those pneumatics are looks awesome too. I wann try 83mm too. Im pretty sure they would still hit 30mph and strain very little but clearance would be very low.

2 Likes

v3 appearance. who dat?

looks ilke top speeds matched the raptor2 on the radar gun, but I’m guessing carvon was still getting going.

3 Likes

Guys has anyone with normal weight tried dual v3 with 97mm flywheels and 100mm mbs ?

@DaviDjembe was the V3 rider in the video, my brother was on Carvon V2’s. Both are faster than the raptor2 for top speed hands down. Ive already had my V3’s up to 34mph on my gps and thats with a 300lb load.

8 Likes

Mmm speed vs torque vs ride quality… Seems we can’t have all 3 on 2WD. At least not yet.

EDIT: Hubs! This is a Carvon thread

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I am torn. I ve decided to wait and see what @Hummie will come up with.

1 Like

That’s crazy talk…Oh, you mean with hubs. Carry on

4 Likes

Right?! Speed, torque and ride quality has been at the ready for a long time at single and dual drive. Look how well your single did in the speed test without belt or hub drive!

2 Likes

your skateboard can go uphill & also do 60mph?.. you sure? tell us about why your controller burned out :slight_smile:

Haha @onloop you popped into the forum just to troll this thread? :wink:

2 Likes

45mph is outstanding and worth exploding a few parts to get to.

2 Likes

Haha… Sorry dude… I was just trolling you…

You build is awesome. Your have giant ballz.

3 Likes

Yes… Pretty much…

Just sticking up for my fellow hub motor compadres…

Hubs ftw.

4 Likes

Blablabla…carvonsaintthubs…blablabla :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

so when are they shipping ??

1 Like