General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Almost bought a 4 pack then saw it said no hills and only 90/97mms? If I get 4x v4 torque drive and put 107s on 12s/14s can I get a decent high speed and hill climbing… throw me a bone here Jerry!!

1 Like

Information from a recent comment from Carvon on Kickstarter that answer your question:

V3 and V4 Speed Drive have actually been tested to 37mph. V4 TorqueDrive can reach 25+ mph on the 6" pneumatics and 23mph on the smaller wheels. EMax will come with new 107mm Super Fly wheels to highlight their release.

23mph on the torque drive? That would contradict @NAF’s statement of 85kv

23mph not fast enough. need 30mph on 107s with hill climbing ability from my 4wd. Please tell me I don’t gotta buy two raptor 2s and ride on thin thane :frowning:

The Information in my spread sheet is all focusing on 2WD. Maybe a 4WD Speed Drive Setup can fulfill all your requirements. I don’t know.

Sending them a Message via Instagram, Kickstarter or email may be the best way to find out.

Let us know when you get an answer!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:Carvon V4 torque drive now open for preorder. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Im a little concerned about the clearance on the Motor. Does this one have a bigger diameter motor than the speed drive?

Jerry said the clearance on the final version of v4 will be better than on the image above as the urethane cover is going to be 2mm only. V4 should have the same clearance as v3.

We need to be clear when talking about V4 it is actually 3 different types of motors: light-, speed- and torque-drive.

The V3 is equal to the V4 Speed Drive, minus the ability to ride with clones. The V4 Torque Drive shown above has a thicker motor diameter. That’s where the torque comes from, so to say.

I don’t have the exact data about the diameter of each motor, so I put small, medium and thick in my spread sheet.

And @NAF is right, the clearance on the torque drive shown above will be better in the final version but still thicker than the speed drive.

2 Likes

Even if it’s better the torque drive is supposed to support 97mm wheels as well. I feel like it’d pretty much be flush with the wheel at that point.

1 Like

aah torque-drive is 85kv 1000w. That explains lower top speed compared to v2.5 at 85kv. I think. The more I read about motors the less I know…

mmmmm is it just me or power/torque-wise, the v2.5 hits a better sweet spot?

• v2.5 85kv ~2400w good top speed, okay torque
  • v4 speed drive 110kv 2500w too much speed for street, not enough torque? (but haha it’s SPEED drive)
  • v4 torque drive 85kv 1000w great torque not enough speed?

I’m confused and excited lol

Where did you see 85kv and 1000w? I’ve seen the 85kv number and 23mph on 107’s spread around, but it doesn’t make any since, 85kv at 12s on 107’s should go well over 30mph, even on 97’s with 10s

https://www.carvonskates.com/shop/carvon-v4-torquedrive-pre-order

“Dual 85kv sensored motors, 1000W each” so I’m thinking 1000w / 50v == 20amp?

And 107mm superfly option.

And the axle, says 12mm step 10mm. Missing the 8mm step, which means what, superfly cores are 10mm bearing compatible?

Hm, 1000w seems really low compared to most esk8 motors…

i was thinking the same… Plus, they are really close to the ground…

I don’t think it’s as bad as it looks in photos.

from this instagram post

carvonskates@kaiserchiller Btw, the rubber shields will be at least 10mm smaller in the final product, so plenty of clearance

Photo shows the 107mm wheels though, so proportionally it’ll look like that photo in the end, with 97mm wheels?

yea, I think so… that’s pretty damn chunky

So these V3’s are fast. I hit 34mph last night on 90mm flywheels.

3 Likes

That sounds fast enough to me. I just want to know if I can run the 107s and get over 30 and still climb hills. 1000W is actually a lot of power in a 4x4 config I would hope it can scoot my ass up a hill or two