General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Ah yes, I forgot about the focbox, that one should be alright to. I like Chaka becuase he’ll actually fix your problem. Enertion support on the other hand…

2 Likes

Well Ive had quite the opposote experience with Enertion vs. Chaka. Enertion support has prompty repaired or replaced my VESC-X’s multiple times now. Their great product support is why Ive kept buying their VESCS. I own 8 FOC box’s and 6 VESC-X’s.

Anyway I realize we’ve digressed from the original topic of Carvon motors so I figure Id draw it back in by noting that the V4 torque drive motors are also 28 pole motors and would be subject to same eRPM concerns as stated earlier if Jerry offers any custom winds. At the low KV wind he is currently using eRPM shouldn’t be a concern though.

3 Likes

That single life money…

8 Likes

Enjoying it while I can brother, Im getting old so not sure I can hold out much longer lol. I’ll be making 4wd beasts until then :grin:.

3 Likes

Carvon is going black ! Nice !

6 Likes

That griptape looks beautiful.

1 Like

what is LNYCT ADAHZ? I kid, I kid, just thought it was weird how we know it’s landyachtz in a microsecond

Technically wouldn’t they all be black because of the protective sleeve?

Someone at the Kickstarter campaign requested a sheet with the specs/differences of all the Carvon drives. So I created one here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCHDcr9FyZaAKEsaTZq6f_634z8hGdKbPUsDMqu6FMg/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have more information than me. I will then update the sheet.

1 Like

great idea…if you are going to have things like motor diam then maybe also add stuff like KV

4 Likes

https://www.carvonskates.com/shop/

whoosh more money out my wallet.

Very curious about the details of v3 vs v4.

And wow I better pad up. I’m running dual v2.5 at 85kv on 97mm, 12s2p A123 (similar to 10s li-ion voltage). calculator tells me 35mph, and I hit 30 regularly. 115kv top speed 48mph??

And I found where all the flywheels went. :slight_smile:

you run into exponentially more inefficiency so you won’t go nearly that fast

I believe fluid resistance goes up as a cube of speed, so yeah. and lower torque. But still… And I’m guessing with higher KV the brakes will be weaker.

Maybe dust off that full face motorcycle helmet in the closet…

Oh wut, full black ano on the trucks now?

You gonna kick off a group buy for these? 10 for $550 each!

1 Like

Lol…

You bastards are on your own … every man for himself…

2 Likes

What can inductance spikes do to your esc?

3 Likes

I asked about the difference between V3 and V4 (speeddrive) on Instagram. The response was that V3 can only use original Abec Flywhee, V4 can use that and also clones

I remember Jerry saying somewhere that for previous Carvon owners there will be discount of 100$ less. That would make the price 499$ i keep him on that promise.

Prior owner group buy for even cheaper? Lol

2 Likes

Haha! Good idea! :slight_smile: