General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

These just keep looking better. Can’t wait until Carvon ships the kickstarters and starts offering v3s and v4s. I think a set of each is most necessary. or 4 of each :smiley:

Do you have any info on what the top speed of the v4s would be with 107s on 12S? or v3s on 107s , would that work with 4wd?

Thanks

i want, i want !!! XD

I just can’t wait anymore for those motors, my 12S FOC build is done I only need the motors… waitwaitwait…

I honestly don’t know what the specs are for the v4

I would say it’s a must have for any esk8 arsenal.

1 Like

I believe the v4 is pretty much the same as the v3, just the ability to use pneumatics.

Per Jerry the V4 motors are low KV, but using the esk8 calculator is easy to see that even if it was super low at 70kv it would still do well over 30mph with 5" wheels.

2 Likes
1 Like

I hope people aren’t getting their V4s confused. There are now three different V4 models, listed from largest to smallest: V4 Torque-Drive V4 Speed-Drive (updated V3 to work with clone flywheels) V4 Lite-Drive

EDIT: " https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/carvonllc/carvon-next-generation-electric-skateboards-longbo/posts/1946687 "

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to the torque drive V4’s. Mini anything related to motors and clones are a no-no for me lol.

1 Like

I will be getting mine when available. A must have for me.

Just a heads up, @chaka has told me in the past that it’s better to using longer motor leads than rather than longer battery leads, thus, it’s better to put the 4 VESCs as close together as possible :slight_smile:

Looks killer though… How do you afford these things? haha

I cant imagine an elegant way to organize 4 vescs on one side or in the middle of the enclousure and then reach the motors 30 inches away with long phase wires. The layout I used on my 4wd has short battery leads on one side but the leads that go to the other side are within the battery shrink wrap, about a foot long and use heavier gauge wire. Were u able to keep battery leads short on your 4wd?

1 Like

Since I’m using 4.12’s, the vesc are together into one nice unit. This insures that the battery leads are only a few inches long.

1 Like

I’ll make you some phase extenders :wink:

1 Like

Can u show me what u mean? U have a custom 4 board vesc or do you have them all separate but next to each other?

Ohh and I probably shouldnt afford all this stuff but Im single with a six figure salary, have no kids or expensive vices besides dirtbiking, and my car and truck are paid off :sunglasses:. Probably gonna have to settle down soon though so I gotta build my collection before I have a wife to run these things past hahaha.

3 Likes

His VESC is an Ollin custom 4x VESC on a single board. Cost nearly a grand… haha

2 Likes

Ahaha I see. Well that is fancy! What issue would 12" long battery leads cause? I cant think of any issue as long as I use appropriately sized wire.

1 Like

I think the problem with long battery leads is voltage sag, I’m no expert so don’t hold me to that but I think thats how it works. All I know is that it’s generally frowned upon to use long battery wires. I bet @Jinra knows

1 Like

Long battery wires have inductance which increases voltage spikes, which is hard on the caps and other components. 12" is still probably acceptable though. If you run plus and minus wire next to each other it reduces some of the inductance.

Its better to have short battery wires and long phase wires. Alternatively if you have to have long battery wires you can add more caps.

Edit, off topic but its not like anyone can buy V3’s and this threads almost a year old. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like