General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Referring back to the title of this thread, no. No i do not think it is closer than anyone thinks.

To begin with, what is thought? If you can’t define that, then the entire problem collapses into a non-problematic linear chain of logic.

Secondly, “close” is such a subjective term, filled with bias and conjecture. What is close to you temporally may not be close to me. If I am younger than you my zero point for reference of time perception is closer to me than yours is to you, making the dilation of temporal perception even wider for me. Ten minutes would be longer for me than you.

Thirdly, Everyone can’t possibly be involved. Not to say that Someone isn’t involved. But even if Noone was involved, which they are not, Someone isn’t Everyone and Noone would definitely make an appearance should Someone not deliver. However, Everyone will not under any circumstances make an appearance to this party, and i’m fairly certain Someone will deliver. Either way, Everyone won’t know or care.

Fourthly Jerry likes to hurt himself a lot which further perturbates the equation. Seems like a few people around here have wheels on their asses these days. Lets put them back under our feet, mm kay guys? Mmm kay.

5 Likes

I’m around the same at 33mph on 12s foc …and haven’t even tried to bury the throttle all the way.

Edit: flat and relatively smooth ground no wind at full charge

3 Likes

I seem to have missed that. Is it embedded in your app? If not, where can i get it?

I tried his general recommendations on my other boards, but never did precise calculations. Just know it works, but i never got my head completely around what he has written. I want to have the best settings on my V3s when they arrive.

Give me few hours. I’m putting the final touches on it. It will be on the vescstatus website today.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see as well as i’m still wildly skeptical about his claims, but that’s due mostly due to the fact that he was certifiable.

Hey man chill out the esk8 world needs people crazy enough to put their time and money into this super weird sport. Carvon is pushing the esk8 racing concept which seems like the thing needed to take it to the next level. @Redbull please sponsor this shit!!!

I wasn’t very surprised when it happened. I was popping off curbs and doing alot of sliding.

Interesting…any more details on v4 ??

There is an official update on his kickstarter now.

4 Likes

Wooow !!! Finally this is what I’ve been waiting for :slight_smile:

Torque-Drive has the biggest motor and the most torque. You can use 97mm Flywheels, the 97mm clone/blank wheels, the MBS 100mm All-Terrain Longboard wheels, the new ABEC 11 107mm SuperFly wheels and the Psychotiller SixShooter 6" Pneumatic wheels.

2 Likes

It is really nice. My wallet is not sure it likes what i see^^

1 Like

The question still remains. When can we buy the V3’s? This update tells us nothing.

My question is if V3 speed drive upgraded to V4 speed drive can handle 100MBS all terrain ? or only just 97mm clones + 97mm flywheels ?

8 Likes

The MBS 100mm AT I have use the same core as the clones, so fittment shouldn’t be an issue once the clone adaptor is available. The V3(speed drive motors) will probably get hot though with the bigger wheel if you weigh much.

How come ?? Since v3 are made for 97mm flywheels, putting 3mm bigger wheel to get 100mm MBS shouldnt be a problem.

1 Like

well, they are a little bit wider, so the core sits further out. The enertion pulleys for example do also not work perfectly with MBS wheels. If they have short engaging pieces, it is possible that they do not go completely through. This may stress and break the core.

1 Like

Good point about the core being set inward more.

@NAF

They were running 90mm Flywheels when we tested them. We were running laps with them at full speed and they never got too hot but that was with a 130lb rider. Im pretty confident a heavier rider on 97mm or 100mm would overheat them.

1 Like

@BigBoyToys @psychotiller Guys do you know how the final urethane sleeve cover is going to look like ???

I am asking because the one below looked really great …but later I saw some bad looking dildo type black wrinkled condoms that looked ugly as sh*t. Just in case if you see Jerry can you talk him into “the good looks” .

1 Like

Haha…That was Tennis racket wrap Stolen from John Mcenroe. He just put that there to protect the prototype.

2 Likes