Carvon EVO is coming.... sooooooooooooon

sometimes labels dont go through give it a day or two dont get high on your heels just yet

1 Like

Read this as don’t get on your high heels lol

Shipping status changed and it is in the country (Amsterdam).

I am happy and hope to get them today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I broke my shoulder and won’t be able to use them anytime soon.

1 Like

I can do safekeeping for you :smirk:

word of advice even if you cant ride. Hook it up and just make sure the motors and sensor works. both my sensors were not detecting and were sent back to CarvOn. Turns out the wires were touching.

@mikenyc just saw your picture of your two drives. You guys are definitely getting a much better urethane sleeves on the motor cans.

2 Likes

they’re 100% worth the weight

i cant wait!!! im dyinggg :rofl:

1 Like

These are what the sleeves looked like when they were handmade which is one of the reason for delays

5 Likes

So you’re telling me usps will get a package all the way to Amsterdam and update tracking, but leave my package in “pre-shipment” for almost 2 months? And i’m getting high on my heels? Please don’t try and be condescending, you’re not talking to a 15 year old.

You’ll have to forgive Miguel, he’s not the best at communication or explaination.

My speculation is that the “pre-shipment” tracking info you received two months ago was just from a label that was purchased and printed. Maybe CarvOn was optimistic that the drive would go out very soon and just prepped the boxes. The mistake was sending the tracking number to customers. Because for whatever reason the drives did not get finished.

Miguel/Jerry’s update would mean that the drive are finally in those boxes and would be dropped off at the post office.

USPS is not the best at tracking updates, so there can still be a delay in data. I have gotten packages deliverer, in my hands and the tracking still says in another state and not show as delivered for another day. I hope you’ll get your drive soon.

3 Likes

fucken handmade by me :cry::sob:

6 Likes

you suck hahaha.

In my life, that kind of workmanship would never see the light of day. But these things are meant to be beaten so whateves

2 Likes

Those tracking labels don’t seem to mean anything. I havent even got one and still my drive is on its way…

Noice. This is amazing.

Are the XL’s built minus the sleeves? (Like slide the sleeves on and ship built) If ya can’t find out, no worries.

The sleeves should be shipped assembled. They don’t simply slide on, it’s glued onto the flux ring.

1 Like

Oh, gotcha. I was just wondering if the rest of the drive was ready for sleeve install then ship.

What’s a flux ring?

The motor can that holds the magnets

Got it

10char

Correct me if i’m wrong, but I think the flux ring is actually a layer over the “motor can” that the magnets are epoxied to…or you can epoxy the magnets directly onto the flux ring where it serves both purposes?

Flux rings is made of ferrous metal, so having this ring around the motor can keeps the magnetic field within the motor which increase efficiency and something else I don’t remember.

When you work on your drives, have you ever had your tool pulled to your motor? those motors don’t have a flux ring, my enertion 6355 and Dark Matter 6374s both pulled on my tools, annoying as hell. The CarvOn’s do not attract metal.

2 Likes