Carvon Discussion

We started a poll here recently and we have 24 votes so far in one day and already 80% fail rate with no merchandise. not looking so good. I’m glad you showed up time for ppl to talk and band together this has gone way to far

3 Likes

There should be a sticky at the top of the esk8 market of sellers to stay clear of.

2 Likes

@mmaner while people have received refunds, you have to be able to contact jerry to get one which is obv. Harf to do. To me it seems like a pyrsmid scheme. He takes your money, refunds some and builds some to keep money flowing all while screwimg most over. Every new sale pay for refund / exo drive of a previous sale.

He deserves a ban.dont let him come back, drum up hope, then dissapear again.

I tell ya… if i bought, id be filing a claim in small claims at this point

1 Like

We have this already. Unfortunately this thread doesn’t get the right attention and out of focus very easy.

3 Likes

I’d say this close to impossible at this point unless you personally pay him a visit. I’ve been calling, texting, and emailing for weeks giving him deadlines to ship my torque drives from the group buy. Nothing but silence. I’m so bummed, but I have to report it to PayPal before the 180 days are up and I’m screwed

just like Kyle said, Jerry isn’t responding, he’s either ignoring or died. Last chat I had with him was January 12th. Another guy’s last contact was January 16th.

As far as banning, he’s not even here enough to make it matter. Years ago when he sold just direct drive, communication and service was great. He tried to do too much

4 Likes

I was last told my drives are being shipped out on the 13 of December. Then nothing was sent with in couple days I got a email saying he was waiting on vesc adapters now…wtf… its non stop excuses he selling the drives out his shop as @Chupacabra got his that time mine was being shipped but never got …this is the bullshit that really drives me mad … ppl that order months and even years now ahead get fucked while ppl buy right now on his site and received them in a week…not cool at all…I understand money to keep the business going but do a one to one ratio atleast then. take good dam notes and write down what orders have gone out the door make sure there is a routeen going on but there is fuck all and no one is receiving products it seem… he keeps you in the loop for 90 days most of the time till your backing is gone then he fluffs you off … obviously you can’t buy pre build from him only what is in stock and even then your playing with fire

Id disagree. It sets a precedent that were pissed and he doesnt belong here with his ways of goin about his business… and were tired of this sh*t happennng.

He self-banned around the time he was gearing up for kickstarter, and came back when we begged him. So I really don’t think it’ll affect his mood or send any kind of message.

For buyers, it as significantly worse when he was self-banned, with information about setups and function only trickling in through side channels. Not that it’s great right now…

Why are you pissed, did you say you haven’t purchased anything from Carvon? Seems like your a little too angry to not have anything at risk.

1 Like

Well im just downright upset FOR you all.

Sharpening my pitchforks as we speak…

1 Like

I’m done getting fu%#ed. The only time I could get a response by phone is by showing up at the business. I got sick of waiting on the XLs a while back and sold my spot to @sandervandenhurk. Was very upset to see that he has been ignored for months and it was never sent. In addition one of my speed drives came with a severe wobble which he won’t repair or respond to. My $3500 dollar AWD build just sits there because it’s unsafe to ride. I have filed with small claims in Los Angeles

6 Likes

Ill be watching this to see how it pans out

2 Likes

All I want is a refund for @sandervandenhurk for the drives he never received and repair for my messed up drive. I’ve met him at his business many times but haven’t been able to contact him since he knew I came back to NorCal. If he would just simply do this he could avoid this whole thing

2 Likes

I still can’t believe people haven’t received their XL’s, of all things. I thought there were only like 20 of them from the group buy at the end of 2017. I got mine a few months ago and assumed they were all going out around that same time. I feel for you guys and could easily still be waiting (kind of surprised I’m not). I really like Carvon products, but the way Jerry is running things is baffling and shameful. I just seriously don’t understand why he continues to make things so much more difficult than they need to be and ruin his own previously great reputation.

1 Like

The status of his business license is unsettling. I know it can be suspended for various reasons, and it would appear he is still taking orders. If the business goes under, it will be much harder for us to get our money back. Likewise I hope nobody else has a drive that ends up needing repair…

1 Like

Im fine with replacing bearings in my drive but I sure hope to god nothing else breaks like magnets or some shit. IDK what I’d do if that happens, and these things take a lot of abuse.

1 Like

If I end up having to go elsewhere for service I may try to find someone on the forum to pay to fix these. Maybe someone else that has experience with direct drive motors like @rey8801

1 Like

I’m on the same boat. I have a new Speed Drive on the shelf not being used, I’ve built and tinkered with three boards and replacing motors is relatively simple not sure what I’d do if a SD broke which is why I’m not building with it

1 Like

After watching that video on how to battle harden motors I’m thinking of applying the techniques to these. After practicing on a couple cheaper motors first, of course.

1 Like