Carvon Discussion

I’m in Irvine.

I’ll call them today to see what the procedure for multiple plaintiffs is

Same shit happened to me with Marbel. Something about Kickstarter and e-skate is a bad combination.

is some ways yes, The bigger problem with CarvOn is that it’s been around and was respected for a few years, products were good and people got their stuff so trust was there. KS and IGG made is a HUGE lost though

2 Likes

Exactly why I have this rule on the subreddit

# Crowd funding auto remove
type: any
priority: 1
standard: crowdfunding sites
action: remove
comment: "Sorry posts from crowd funding websites are not allowed."
6 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to lump every eSkate Kickstarter into one basket. Potential backers should do their own due diligence. Many of these campaigns are launched by folks who have never dealt with “large” amounts of cash before.

3 Likes

I’ve seen way too many failed campaigns and decided to just err on the side of caution and not allow that stuff on the sub. If people want to risk their money on an unreleased product they can, but they’re not allowed to bring it onto the sub.

6 Likes

After this incident I think it is wise to stay away from ADVERTISING crowd funding here as in pulls in more potential lost.

Some people get into business for the wrong reasons. They put their profit margins higher than that of what needs to go back into the business. If you’re business makes lots of profit from one sale why take more than half for yourself. If you want to keep producing a better product use the majority of your profit back in. Keeps you more humble and responsible when your business has more in the bank than yourself.

I was deceived by that trust. Perhaps he used to be a serious person. People change with the situation, environment and time. He has changed for the worse. That’s too bad.

4 Likes

Dude don’t even get me started about Marbel. They are even worse in my opinion. They actually conned me into sending the broken (never worked) deck back for a free upgrade to the newer version.

Whatever the case, Jerry is was a part of the community and we trusted him. We met him, we rode with him, and when he said he would eventually deliver most of us believed it. That’s what makes the Carvon betrayal sting so bad.

7 Likes

Hi everybody, been reading this thread for a couple months hoping to see good news about the delivery of the boards ^^… Wish I could help for the case / Court stuff to sue the bastard who scammed me of 800 euros, but I’m from France so i dont know what I can do…

“Sorry for bad English”

6 Likes

Ok so I just got off the phone with the court. I am going to refile with multiple plaintiffs. Once the date is scheduled, we will hire a process server. The case costs about $40 and the server can be up to $100 (but probably less). Anyone joining in would split this (probably like $30 a person max).

This post is to see who wants to join. Keep in mind

You will have to show up in court in Pasadena, California. So it’s really only reasonable for CA residents.

Most importantly, this doesn’t guarantee any of us will receive any compensation. I’ve been talking with the court. If we are able to serve him, we will win the case no problem. It will be open and shut regardless if he shows up or not. The court will then issue a judgment against him in the amount claimed. I’ve been reading about what the court could potentially do such as wage garnishment, property leans, etc. You can read all about what happens if he refuses to pay in this link

Ultimately if we don’t receive any compensation, we at least took a stand for what’s right and didn’t bend over and take it up the ass. It will destroy his credit and hopefully any future chances of growing a business.

I’m claiming $1350 This leaves $8650 ($10k is the max for small claims) for anyone who wants to join. Once I know who’s in, I’ll file the new case and we can serve the bastard.

@theheck @Mikenopolis @Aeroquiv

11 Likes

Hi I bin trying to get of hold of jerry no luck I left the scene a while ago , anyways As a person who worked for Jerry for a while , I can say a few things. One Jerry has no credit he filed for bankruptcy a while ago 4-5 years ago. He was honestly the reason I left, I knew a lot of things of other company’s that I shouldn’t have known. I saw carvon going south but stuck along for the fact that my whole purpose that I wanted to work for carvon, was not self interest or anything to do with my was to help the community and get the drives out. The first month I volunteered my Saturday’s and Sunday’s to help with drives 8 hours every Saturday-sun before he offered me a job. My believe from what I can tell ( I may be completely wrong ) is that Jerry invested his money and had no money to continue, he never had a finished product when Kickstarter came out always trying to improve it resulting in no money. So he started selling on his website for individuals to buy and he get more money to continue. That’s why people who bought from his website have different carvons in like a weeks different , no urathane , half urathane , full urathane , Bigger motor cans , smaller motor cans , different fan designs. All with different batches on a weeks difference. In conclusion I don’t know what happened and am disappointed. This is all I can remember the motors were there the axles were there everything was there so I don’t know what happened

14 Likes

2 Likes

Must not of paid his renewal

Or he shut it down

Yeah it’s been like that for months. Before he even went silent

I’m still in for the cost of a EXO Pro and a new TSG Pass that one member let him try out and never heard from again. Who does that?!

12 Likes

Good luck to all of you, i was lucky enough to sell my un-shipped carvons before the shit hit the fan. Hopefully most of you can get your money back without too much hastle.