Carvon Discussion

lofty share holder ?

Lofty aren’t the manufacturer gents.

Regardless, Jerry didn’t have money laying around to invest in some new venture, if he had he would have spent it scraping together bits to save his current business because his ego clearly required the acknowledgement of success.

He plundered the money on poor decisions and worthless R&D and in the end all he did was move some stock motors up the truck and shove some wheel adapters on the end of them - revolutionary! People here talk about it like it was a defining moment in esk8 history.

Now some real business minded, talented people can pick up the torch and actually get some drives out to people who pay for them.

8 Likes

:roll_eyes: My Elofty comment was supposed to be a conspiracy theory kind of joke.

The worthless R&D where money was lost is definitely from the EXO boards using Koowheel parts, his decision to throw away their batteries and went with the Landyacht decks, Psychotiller’s enclosure and batteries meant he either lost money or made zero profit per board.

1 Like

Why are people still being soft on Carvon? This thread needs to be called “Carvon Scam - Do Not Buy”

“Carvon Discussion” is a massive understatement. Who is still trying to protect this business?

7 Likes

Well there is no business:

http://www.carvonskates.com/

http://www.exoboards.com/

1 Like

You mean the websites are down?

@Chase Has the business been dissolved? Any updates on the case?

1 Like

It’s the whole no vendor bashing rule. Special snowflake rules and laws screws with society as well as this forum. Moderators can make it what they want, but if this had a bashing type title, it might get locked down.

From what I heard from @Chase Jerry can’t be served if he can’t be physically found? Is that correct?

1 Like

I agree with the vendor bashing but I think of that more along the lines of “XYZ vendor shipped me the wrong items or took too long to ship or is slow to respond to emails” blah, blah, blah.

Carvon has stole thousands of dollars and isn’t responding at all. That’s an entirely different category and deserves to be labeled as such.

10 Likes

This whole being served antiquated practice you guys run over there is hilarious :smiley:

6 Likes

Fixed that for you.

5 Likes

isn’t it?!?! as long as you don’t take possession of the law suit papers you can’t be sued? I’m just reading this: https://www.truthfinder.com/infomania/safety/how-to-serve-papers-to-someone-you-cant-find/ like WTF?!?! I’m going to start a KS of my own damn it!

Wait, is this really happening? (The part where he can’t be found and can’t be served)

@chase is the only one I know that’s actively trying to take legal actions. I would jump on board if a class action lawsuit ever happens. But him being found is the only way he can be served and actually be sued is what I’m reading. #SMH

1 Like

What about his shop

He’s got an LLC, which is probably insolvent. Not sure how far you’ll get with this effort.

@Chase

He left the shop a year ago and I think was working out of his garage at home. He was once right next to Abec11’s shop in Huntington Beach, then moved closer to his house, then decided to end that lease because the other shops next to him cuts counter-tops so it’s always noisy and dusty which isn’t great for motors.

Someone that drives by his house to and from work daily told me he hasn’t seen Jerry or his wife’s car in front of their house for the past month or so

Pretty mindblowing that’s even a possibility :thinking:

Is a private investigator an option?

1 Like

Screenshot_20190430-141816 Screenshot_20190430-141757 Screenshot_20190430-141737 I was following the Kickstarter for awhile and I’m glad I’m going with gear drives from @moon seems like dds still need work.

1 Like

Right so since I don’t live in the area I keep having to travel to SoCal to get a set date. I can’t get off work on the most recent date that was set, so we are resetting for June/July when I will be in the area. I haven’t paid a server yet because they have to set the new date first. I’m anticipating it being a difficult task to find him.

How much does he owe you to be worth the legal troubles + fees? :o @Chase