Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

crap, sorry I confused you with one guy from bms & cell thread … never mind

My friend is the one that uploaded the videos, I’ll tell him lol.

@STREETSURFER btw I used ur vids on Reddit as an example

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/7ap8dm/carvon_vs_carvon_bldc_vs_foc_take_a_listen/?st=J9PYX7JZ&sh=4877278d

@tomtom13 not to wind you up…you are already pretty wound up lol…no just letting you know this all of a sudden this flash sale and version popped up. I know you weren’t part of the group buy but I could see if we could switch your order to the XL

That’s all mate.

we should make a esk8builders subreddit because the people in /r/electricskateboarding are not receptive to diy at all.

it’s mostly boosted and evolve fanbois.

5 Likes

cherio :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If you want to switch me to XL free of charge, I’m in :slight_smile:

ps. I’m trying to configure a f^&#$%^ pack … I’m right now cosidering 6x those below:

config will be 12x3p should give theoretical 960A, which when low on SOC should give out at least 200A so I can feed 4wd in the future.

I know it’s a deviation from graphene, but maybe I’ll follow the path of less power efficient cells but more of them to give roughlyh the same power output as graphen ones for same cost but far better range

@tomtom13 can you email him directly so he has ur information

[email protected]

Thanks for that … after a quick math the XL motors with 107 wheel whould be able to do 38 mph (theoretically) which is more than enough so 110kv motors are maybe not the right choice.

110kv is nothing to scoff at, but 85kv gives it more balls but still smooth … it definitely will give you the Tesla take off that’s silent especially on FOC

1 Like

Anyway he confirmed you are set for the XL

I just started a poll regarding the delivery times of Carvon:

Please take this as a scream for help about understanding what is going on and not meant as an assault or anything like it.

great - thanks !

We should yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway @Michaelinvegas I’m not sure whenever it was you guys but somebody claimed that they were in touch with vader because motors are based on XYZ motor which was used while designing vesc etc etc etc …

I’ve looked through design of vest, tansistors, controller chip, step downs and all this crap and it looks to me as vecs is designed for up to 60V. I would like to get in touch with the guys because If one would to controls voltages properly on battery, by standard this inverter can cake 14S setup and if BMS would control max voltage and clamping motor regen current one could easily make this setup 15S.

1 Like

From what I understand he used SK motors when designing the Vesc … makes sense since at the time it was the most readily available motor via hobbyking

but do you are in touch with him / know somebody that knows somebody that is touch with him ?

The only way your comment could have been better is if you’d included what DTC stood for.

Sorry, but in text I don’t know whenever this was a sarcasm or genuine question. And no I’m not picking on you I just don’t know how to respond to it.

It’s not sarcasm, genuine question. I appreciate the information