Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

I tried with the cobrand 107 mm evolve F1. it’s great but not enough torque at all with 2 motors. Need at least 4 to rock that beast. But top speed was fantastic.

1 Like

Just got these! 2 months overdue. So what are the recommendations for the front trucks? I’m gonna use my Paris trucks for now.

Did you guys change out the bushings that came with it?

3 Likes

I’m thinking of going for the gullwing sidewinders 10 inch. Really want to be able to carve with these motors.

I did not changed any bushings and it’s very stable. Try them out ASAP and the dream of gliding on a electric skateboard will become true. I wish i had 2 more right now to go 4WD. Have to wait til january ( probably longer ). I can’t really use my F1 for now it’s a bit lame.

Guys, https://carvonskates.com/products/carvon-v4-speeddrive this link it states that V4 motors are 2500W (2.5 kW each)

but if you will go here: https://carvonskates.com/products/carvon-exo-only-749-right-now it states that motors are 350W

Any comments ? I’m really confused now … specially that I already got those in basket with a debit card burning the hole in my pocket.

1 Like

This has been discussed those are different Motors

Motors that are being sold on carvon website is V4SpeedDrive the ones used on EXO is V4TorqueDrive. One has better top speed the other one has better torque.

So, the Torque drives are supposed to have more torque than the speed drives, right? How is that possible from 350w rated motors, compared to 2500w motors? I know they are different KV, but I thought they would have similar wattage ratings too.

@tomtom13 let me confuse the shit out of you further by adding

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/carvon-v3-closer-than-everyone-thinks/13119/883?u=michaelinvegas

Key words to look for:

Speed Drive Torque Drive XL V3 V4

The combinations definitely confuse people…so @tomtom13 totally get where your confusion comes from

So essentially it’s not a typo … it is seriously 7.14 weaker motor … are you sure ?

@tomtom13 not sure I understand you

1 Like

The V4 Speed Drives Sold alone are not the same motors on the EXO if that’s what you mean

The new V4 xl will be a different motor than the exo and V4 Speed Drive

Just 7.14 times difference in power ( 2500W / 350W ) seems a lot. Are you running speed drives in delta and torque drives in star configuration ? That’s only how you could get a reasonable with that much less power.

Different stators and windings on all versions @tomtom13

It is just f$%^@ confusing …

and since while written stuff never can send a true meaning - I don’t want to even remotely have a go at you, or sound if I’m questioning your stuff guys. I think it’s great you provide stuff for DIY people with reasonable design approach - I would like to chose a right drives for my self, that’s all.

This is a general enquiry: Would it be a bit better to in terms of motors provide a torque curve and max ratings for motor ? kV is meaningless unless delta / star configuration is given, max power of 23452345 kW is meaning less if torque is flat with little stall torque -> and you can’t climb the hill. There is a lot of data one can take out of torque curve … for example is somebody want’s to have a e-skate for bombing down the hills, a motor with a lot of power might be useless if torque at high rpm is negligible making it impossible to stop

placed the order :slight_smile: Just please start providing more exhaustive information to your drives. Stupid predicted torque from flux calculator will help people ! :slight_smile:

Hahahah … it confuses the best of us hahah don’t worry you’ll be ok lol

Aren’t those 350 watt carvon motors just a re branded koowheel hub motors? Would explain the low watt rating.

Hence they are different motors

1 Like