Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

Yeah… I probably would prefer the XL actually…

The SD does about 40mph, is the XL about 35mph?

I mught have some extra as well. We’ll see.

Cool, ok well that’ll be nice to know that when they finally do ship out there will be some extra ones…

Anyone able to sell a SD - R or XL?

Someone purchased 8 or something like that if you look at the group buy spread sheet with the intent on selling them

Ok cool, I asked a month ago if anyone would have a spare and got quite a few responses, so I think I’ll hear something soon now that they’re finally getting shipped out.

Can someone answer this. Is the SD-R a 6374 and the SD-XL a 6384, or is the SD-R a 6364 and the SD-XL a 6374?

A speed r are 6364 drives or 6355 and xl are 6374

Ok… Man I just found out they make 6384’s… I wish I could get a set of those at like 100kv… That would be so powerful and fast!

I wonder if one could buy these and try to mount them on the Carvon axle…

Did you see the photos of SD and XL? No room at all.

@uigiroux there has bin someone in this forum that has made there own diy carvon motors or direct drive

Oh dang, I’m gonna be hitting him up soon! Thanks for the tip. Though I still would want to buy one of Carvon’s still.

Is it possible to make an adapter for kegel core wheels? Will this happen? Can some one do it?

2 Likes

This would be The Freaking Bomb :registered:

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, the current adapter is screwed on so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible. It would not surprise me if carvon themselves start selling them. @psychotiller makes adapters that attach to his six shooters for the carvons. But I don’t see that happening for kegel wheels since the core is too different. Also when will them six shooters be in stock again? Don’t have the cash now so don’t mind that they aren’t but would want them later this year to go at.

1 Like

I did just forget that they recommend 4wd for at and I only ordered 2wd. My wallet hates me. Don’t tell the wife.

Would it be possible to run AT wheels on the carvon Evo 2WD XL? Whats the biggest street wheels that can go on it? Curious to know id having the pneumatics options is limited to only the 4WD as they might be a deal breaker for me

Anything bigger than 107mm requires 4wd, so no pneumatics for 2wd. Only exception might be @psychotiller sixshooter 6” pneumatics 2wd on Carvon V4 TD torque drives.

2 Likes

thanks for the info! Is there a reason they are only selling complete Evo’s with the Speed drive and not the Toruq drive? Can I get the 2WD XL Complete and upgrade it to a 4WD XL later on for pneumatics? There aren’t alot of photos of it on the site but they appear to be using the same enclosure so that would mean I’d just need to up the battery and add another VESC? correct me if im wrong but just want to see if that is possible without spending as much as a 4WD out of the box