Carvon Direct Drive Tuners Thread - Share your tips, tricks & recommendations

I would agree with @LEVer on vesc settings. I use metr Pro ble module and metr perimetr apps to adjust V4 motor amp limits on the fly. For my purposes I settled on 100A/-100A motor max/min nut don’t see much performance difference past 60A and none past 80A. Not sure everyone would actually pull that much motor current even on a spike anyway.

1 Like

Has anybody tried to drive the V4 Torque Drive on 12S?

just wanted to ask the same question :wink: has anyone some specs with that setup?

Yeah there is a guy.

1 Like

10s is recommended highest voltage for the v4torquedrive by carvon …your gonna be very close to the erpm limit at 12s …that guy had some heat issues at 12 but he seem to be running it fine but warm… torquedrive is ment for torque climbing hills not speed…if you want to get more speed try a larger tire 107 mm abec or 110mm boa. but lose torque for exchange…if you want speed get the v4speeddrives

12S8P. V4SD AWD!!

Just test fitting for now. Got all of the P groups in the battery welded together. Deciding if I want to weld them into 2 6S batteries, or if I should leave them separate and connect them in series with some HXT connectors. I don’t plan on using a BMS on this build. New balance charger gets delivered tomorrow.

Should I make a build thread for this thing?

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/7118?u=mikenyc

2 Likes

Oo shit this is reall interesting to see is that a trumpa street Carver deck?sorry not familiar …please start a thread…need more pics …:heart_eyes: Are you using a lipo? or a custom li-ion set up even more interesting and what is the plan for hooking all the vesc split y or canbus?. a bluetooth to monitor and play with settings …I’m gonna be building a carvon 4wd soon too …that thing looks so tough as fuck and clean nothing hanging off of it … love it…

If I open up one of my speeddrive v4’s will I need a press to put it back together? One of them makes a noise.

The solution from @LEVer who got it from someone else is to put heatshrink on the prongs if you have the mbs/clone adaptor for the torquedrives. This does not work for me. They always let go and then I do them again and after one ride they let go again. I just want some good abec 11 flywheel adaptors for these drives. You know ones that fit and don’t kill the core.

2 Likes

Its because they didn’t design it properly, you can make a pulley that fits both I am pretty sure (no heatshrink)

Adhesive heatshrink?

yeah that’s the one with 3:1 ratio

Yup, something like marine grade 3:1 with adhesive walls. I’ve been using that without fail :confused:

1 Like

Do you reach 50kph plus speeds? This is my ride today on them and so was the photo.

1 Like

image This happened to me too, I ended up redoing it 3 times even with marine grade with adhesive heatshrink and finally I roughed up the tines a little to try and keep it from “walking” back off. It seems to be holding now. Thing is it is not a symmetrically a larger opening on the abec 11’s. there is more gap in the inner section where the tabs are and less on the outer curved part. The tabs on the inner opening also tend to want to cut the heatshrink unless you really hold it to the corresponding cutout while it is still hot.

2 Likes

Anyone run SDR with 13s just curious?

Looks like my right side had the heat shrink back off again, its getting kinda annoying. I do about 7-10 miles a day. I am with @sayekim, I am getting to the point where I am willing to pay someone for real abec11 or Kegel type adapter. I would ask Jerry but he is buried just getting the exo, evo, etc… out.

2 Likes

Speed or torque drive? What do you mean they let go? do they come through the holes and fall off?

Never had problem with mine. Used basic cheapo heatshrink. no adhesive or anything.

I made a video here and its been good for the past 2 months

You are fortunate, I have had to redo it a bunch. I have a ton of heat shrink at work and am pretty familiar with its application, I am not saying it could not be user error, but I kinda doubt it at this point. To be fair the board does get ridden hard, my commute is nearly full speed the whole way with a couple long sweeping turns. Lots of bumps and cracks and some heavy breaking points.

1 Like

hey @mikenyc hows ur sdr4wd doing. are u going higher than 30amp battery… ive kinda stayed there and not adjusted things. hitting ~40mph is pretty easy. dont have any data just got @thisguyhere to send me a new hm10. i just realized im using half the p groups u are, interested in how to tune it better =)

1 Like