Carvon and EXO Boards. They won't deliver. Have I been scammed?

Enertion told me when I ordered my board a year ago that it would be to me in 3-4 months.

I ordered Hummie hubs 9 months ago with a promise date of a few months.

I ordered Carvon stuff (pair of xl drives, a bunch of exo’s)a little less then a year ago and have received both my drives and a few exo’s.

If you want high quality innovative stuff it’s a waiting game. Carvon is about on par with Enertion and Hummie as far as delay’s, just worse when it comes to communication.

3 Likes

Not if you fake till you make it all the way through

Fake it til you make it is an illusion when it comes to school. But in business I guess communication is key to not losing customer base.

Carvon delays is unfortunate but happens. Not responding to customer emails is unprofessional. I paid $3000 for a EVO 4WD. They advertise a 3-5 week build time on their site. After 5 weeks I start emailing. Nothing. I want this company to succeed and would be understanding if they explained delays and were truthful with delivery estimates. In my last email I said if I don’t hear back I’m filing a fraud claim with my credit card company and PayPal.

How long have people waited for deliveries?? And is this nonresponse typical??

Miguel

1 Like

Fake it to you make it doesn’t work for stem. That TI calculator has a finite amount of memory :rofl:

2 Likes

Not if you get a infinite amount of TI’s

This is why I created the other thread, see here.

But all the vendors attacked me saying I’m making things up…

We need more people to speak out. I didn’t pay for a carvon evo, but I sympathize with you or anyone that did. Giving a large sum of money to these vendors and putting your trust in them, just to have them ignore you or lie about delivery dates is unacceptable.

1 Like

@photorph Honestly, I didn’t disagree with most of your thread but I could see how your message could get misconstrued. What you probably should have done is make a very short and to-the-point post in reference to only your experience instead of trying to make it a broader message. Any time you speak in generalities people are going to think you are talking about them and get offended.

The only point I would say is most of the top builders know enough that they do not need to hire experts in different fields. The really complex stuff is the speed controllers and that is pretty much handled by the FOCBox. I’d much prefer to ride a build from an experienced eskate builder with a few years of experience than some electrical engineer.

1 Like

you are correct, I made it too general. I wanted to avoid naming people, but that didn’t go well.

Possibly true about hiring people, but they should at least hire customer service people, some of them are not very professional…publicly mocking customers who complain. You won’t see well respected companies doing that.

1 Like

Totally agreed about the customer service. You have to at least always be available to talk to contact your customers in a reasonable amount of time and update on progress or somehow delegate to someone who can. I think a lot of people just overlook that part of being a builder.

1 Like

Facts

1)Paid $1699 on KS for a 4wd board announced to arrive October 2017. Nothing yet and not a word since May 2018. Still waiting…

2)Paid $363 for a battery pack promised to arrive on September 4th. Still waiting…

Small esk8 businesses live on communication, including this forum, social media, vendors reputation… Is communication useless now ? I sent money with trust. Was I right? I have to admit I got a lesson and will prioritise shops and bigger vendors from now.

1 Like

Enertion was just like this in the early days, but communication was there and obviously with the move to China, things are finally starting to flow better.

I’ve asked @lever to post updates here about EVO and EXO delays or news, that’s really all I can do.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for your efforts! You are right with enertion. I bought DIY stuff from enertion in the early days and Raptor1 later (still a fantastic board for power and range!) . Despite multiple delays and problems, we always felt as a group, a community, and kept close communication at all moments. We had no doubt that Jason was as passioned as us and did his best to deliver or solve problems. Jason created this forum then announced “officially” why he had to stop communicating here.

I also bought carvon motors and parts at the good old time when Jerry was responding emails :slight_smile: I am sure he is pasionned (and an awesome engineer). That s exactly why I perked in the KS campaign.

However I do not feel treated fairly in the 2 situations mentioned above (the second is not carvon) and the possibility that I have been scammed (not purposedly but as a result) is growing …

In a community based on Internet communication, i would have concerns with members that do not respect the rule. I am also concerned with the attacks against those that dare posting we have problems with some vendors

2 Likes

I don’t think Carvon are scammers or intentionally dismissive of customers. The problem is incompetence. Jerry may be a talented builder with a game-changing product but not know how to run a business. Having a great “product” includes customer service, i.e. reasonable delivery timelines and support/service on the back-end if there’s a problem.

And to your point, a vendor should not whine when you have a legitimate complaint (particularly if you’re a KS supporter!!). Building a customer base is hard – losing it is easy.

I need to discuss with my credit card company and PayPal how much delay is considered nonperformance. Then I will do a chargeback with fraud complaint. Next I’ll post a “Carvon: buyer beware” PSA on YouTube.

Business 101: “How do you make customers mad?” Answer: Take their money, don’t send them a product, then ignore them.

3 Likes

I don’t have any skin in this game but had I paid the $2-3k as some have, I would have been pissed to see Jerry at ESK8 Vegas. Probably paid for the trip with their money and I bet some of those Carvon buyers would have been there to participate had their orders been fulfilled.

1 Like

Everyone is free to go where he wants, especially to esk8 events :sunglasses:. But without any “sorry, don’t worry, i ll take care” some actions may unfortunately look as provocation…

2 Likes

I’m not saying he should be under house arrest but he is clearly way behind on orders. Of course he can do other things. Kind of an FU to his customers when he is pictured/participating in the community events while letting down the very group he is participating in.

2 Likes

wait, Jerry isn’t carvon anymore? where did you get this information and can anyone confirm this??

You just decoded the message wrong, try again.

3 Likes

I have the Carvon exo pro and @psychotiller made me a sweet 10s5p battery for it. Now I need a faster charger. The one that came with it is a 1.5 amp. Any one know of a fas charger that would work for my board?

1 Like