Carbonated | Enertion VESCs | Hi5ber overtaker | Custom 10s4p 25R pack with cell level fusing | ABEC flywheels

How did you connect the battery indicator in this build?

Soldered directly to the XT-60 connector after the switch.

Recovered from my concussion and ready to try again. My accident was, I suspect, from a shorted motor. Replaced my motors with @JLabs motors and setup FOC again. With both the previous (@Kaly’s) motors and my new motors I have to double the observer gain to avoid constantly hitting over current faults when I throttle too fast.

Hopefully this doesn’t lead to another concussion

Other notable upgrades:

• 30Q 10s4p pack
  • Dual Ollin 4.12 VESCs w/ v3.1 Ackmaniac ESC-tool f/w
5 Likes

Wait so what kind of wire are you using for fuses now?

No fuses this time around, spot welded with solder wick reinforcement.

4 Likes

Nice. I my fuses were also falling off and breaking. I think I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and get a spot-welder.

I still have my fused pack. Once i doubled up on the fuse wire they stopped breaking.

1 Like

Using the same solid 22 awg wire?

Yep, if I were to do it again, I think 20 gauge would work better.

1 Like

There can be only one! We need to do an Overtaker vs Zenith race one day :smiley:

1 Like

I sense another concussion, lol. At this point Carbonated is my more refined build and Honey Driver is my speed build.

@Jinra know this is an old thread, may i ask what size of brass strip you used? currently im reading the cell fuse topic, getting some shopping list to be done.

.016" x .5"

1 Like

Thanks 10char

Now running dual focbox and abec 97mm reflex wheels

3 Likes

How do the wheels feel compared to normal 97s?

only one ride so far, but the 74 duro is nice and soft. Maybe slightly better than normal abec 75s

2 Likes

Sorry if it’s buried above, or an obvious question, but do you have a good source for those flat brass bus bars you used? Preferably in America.

I got mine off ebay .016" x 1/2" brass bar

1 Like

Thanks. For some reason they looked wider than half an inch to me in the pic. So I guess you bought 6 in length strips and cut them to the sizes you needed with a dremel or something?