Carbonated | Enertion VESCs | Hi5ber overtaker | Custom 10s4p 25R pack with cell level fusing | ABEC flywheels

Any commercial board? Yea, but commercial boards have their perks too. In terms of raw performance, I’d say it’s better than the top commercial choices out there (Evolve GT, Boosted 2, etc).

The Raptor 2 has yet to be a proven product so I can’t say it’s better or worse than it. So far, there’s no hub drive board that can outspec belt drives.

1 Like

Build looks great! How did you manage to get those lights mounted? Is there a 3D printable attachment?

Just a normal bike light

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HM4AP6U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s mounted with dual lock velcro (a bit better than your typical velcro).

At what amp does the wire you are using melt and disconnect? I think it will be an awesome thing to have for my battery once my cells arrive in case one goes bad after a while. You just soldered the wire to the cells and nickel strips right?

Soldered to brass strips first then to cells yea, no welding.

They melt after about 40A, but varies depending on various conditions.

1 Like

This diagram from http://www.powerstream.com/wire-fusing-currents.htm cleared up most of my questions.

Yep! :slight_smile:

You higlighted the 40A wire, but if you have 4P, shouldn’t you want 10A wire to be properly protected?

well each cell can deliver 30a peak so i definitely don’t want 10a rated wire. The fuses are only there in case of a catastrophic cell failure, thus the 40a rated wire.

That makes sense cause for 4p to out put 40 amps, it would be 10 amps from each cells. But the cells are rates for 20 amps continuous.

The reason I highlighted was cause Jinra used copper 22awg wire for the fuse.

I think the cells can output over 40 amps when they fail.

Yea current output is based on voltage and resistance. If they fail or short, you can see VERY high amps (in the hundreds from a single cell). It can also blow before 40 amps if the wire gets hot enough, but it’d normally be high current that causes it to heat up that much.

While the pack can output 80a continous, you’ll want to be further away from 80a in order to prolong battery and cycle life.

1 Like

That deck is awesome! Any idea where to get a similar in EU?

Sorry, I live in the States, no idea about EU vendors!

How much of that truck did you have to chop off to fit both those 12mm pulleys?

exactly the width of bearing, 7mm. I find 42mm to be the perfect amount of distance from end of axle to hangar.

And those trucks are the same as the Enertion set of trucks correct? I am purchasing a used Raptor soon and may convert to dual 12mm. Oh and Thanks for the quick reply man I’m glad im not the only one cruisin the esk8 forums at 1AM :sweat_smile: . Your builds are awesome

Actually Enertion trucks have one of them already chopped for Enertion pulleys, you probably won’t have to chop anything :slight_smile:

That would be super awesome. Appreciate the info, iv’e looked everywhere with mixed results.

can you show the battery holders you made and explain them? are they compression connections or maybe you just soldered the fuse wires on and the copper strip to that.

Hey Hummie,

These were 3D printed by @mccloed with drawings from @chaka. You can find the print from chaka’s cell level fusing thread. I soldered 22 AWG wire to the brass bus strips, then to the cells themselves. 160 joints, do not recommend, haha.

1 Like