Carbon motor mount 8$

looks good - don’t forget a grub screw in the clamp part

@fedestanco. The 2mm lock in the circle should be sufficient. Haha and I see you recognize the design thanks for the template =P

Laser cutter wont have problems performing a “tight turn” like that one. Consider that problably somebody will cnc the clamp at home and a 2mm detail like that may cause some problems.

I’ll take a couple (full sets)

I would also take 3 complete mounts if you can get them in less than 3 weeks Im from germany Let me know if its possible :wink: Greetings

@Shogu12 This is awesome! It sounds like it’ll be a month or two before they’re on my doorstep, so in the meantime, is there a way to pre-order or sign up on a list? I’ll probably buy a couple.

@jess.t.moody https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/eu-us-22-carbon-motor-mounts-anodized-aluminum-clamp/20795/26 new thread to simplify things.

this helped me alot…im finally back from school and couldn’t get a good fit on my mount…read your comment and ground it down a bit and now its not going anywhere :wink:

1 Like

I would like 2 sets of these please

im in for 2 sets to ireland is there a list,

Irish 4 sets sub-group buy :four_leaf_clover:

this is an old topic, i dont think this buy is active anymore

Got my mounts today.

Quality looks pretty good. CF seems nice and thick/beefy.

My only gripe is the hardware supplied is not correct. @Shogu12 maybe you can help me understand what is going on here:

The carriage head bolts are too small and rotate freely (kinda defeats the purpose):

I can run to the hardware store and grab some that are correct and snug - while i’m at it i’ll get nylock nuts.

For the price i shouldn’t complain, but the hardware seems sub-par even for only 2$.

I’d have liked to seen one long stainless bolt (bottom bolt), and one shorter stainless bolt (top bolt), or even threading into the bottom of mount to avoid the necessary nut (also not nylock - so use loctite folks).

I’m glad to have them and all easily fixed issues if you have spare hardware kicking about. I have just about everything except the carriage bolts that will fit properly into the CF (otherwise it spins and you cannot tighten - defeats the purpose!).

my .02

2 Likes

If you find out the proper size of the carriage bolts (or know the size of the ones you have), let me know, as I’ll be getting this mount as well. Thanks!

can someone send the files for 3d printing?

What are you printing on? Because I don’t think it will hold up.

the pla is not strong?

neither the clamp or the cf arm will hold up if u use any kind of plastic, period.

1 Like

@fedestanco do you still have mounts to sell? I am stuck with high priced motor mounts that cost me at least 20US for shipping

sadly no, mounts are all gone.

i don’t recall who, but someone was attempting to produce more.