Carbon motor mount 8$

Also take care what alu you´re going to take. Last time was a 7075 alloy. If you take a softer one it may deform after a few miles of riding, so keep that in mind!

They will be 7075 hard anodized aluminum. The design is very similar to yours. But you cannot put a copyright on measurements as it is not a 1to1 copy there is nothing telling me I cannot make these. Also no trademark is being mentioned.

1 Like

Its not me stopping you. Its Jason who will email you in the next days if you dont change the design…

@Shogu12 where are you located? Is this another EU group buy or are you doings this for the US people?

I am doing this for U.S. but I have the means to ship a large package to the E.U. and have someone im Germany divide them from there. It’ll just take a week or so longer and add like an extra 3$ if enough people want EU.

Although I think Enertion may have stopped selling their mounts so the situation may have changed since then. “May”

1 Like

As an engineer I assure you since I am not selling branded enertion motor mounts. Or 1 to 1 copies everything is fine. I worked for a manufacturer of composite aircraft parts in Luxembourg and when our designs were copied and altered we could only hope that our quality would retain our customers (wich it did most of the time).

1 Like

If EU is solvable, I’m in.

I’m also in for EU :slight_smile:

I´m running 5 of these mounts and they are really tuff and working great. So maybe I should be in for some more I think :slight_smile:

the weak spot are the two screws which hold the two axle parts together, they bend a bit, so I had to replace both screws. So choose strong screws and nuts for them!

I would have created a new topic for this so people dont get confused but I cant. So everything is sorted. Carbon 3k twill 5mm thick 8$ Aluminum 7075 black hard anodized 12$ Screws, nuts and washers Metric rated 12.9 standard is 8.8 2$. All together 22$ plus shipping in U.S. 6$ in Europe 9$. Packages in Europe will be shipped via dhl maxibrief from Germany.

could you make a mount that is more universal and does fit more trucks than just calibers? There is huge interest for a Ronin mount and with whitepony’s tutorial a round clamp would already help quite a lot. Right now only the alien mount can be used.

cool! sounds really good! Appreciate that you take the feedback :slight_smile: I´ll take 4. shipping to Germany

@Shogu12, when do you think you will be able to ship. I would defiantly take a pair as long as the lead time is not to long?

@jdyer8989 I’m not sure, I wanna give it a week or 2 before I order so word can spread. After that it will take 15days to make and 2 weeks to ship wich I dont trust 100% after that a week to you I assume and an additional week for everyone in Europe.

An other design thing: The last design had the issue of caliber tolerance. They where loose a bit on 2 trucks while they snug fit on other caliber. The solution is to file down a bit of the inside of each clamp part, so that they are able to come closer together and fit every caliber (they are really different in hanger thickness from batch to batch).

So bring down the thickness of each side by 1mm and we´re all good without filing down something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, what about shipping to Canada?

This is Off-topic but as a universal mount I designed these and then would have the right ring made for each truck.

2 Likes

Nice design. Let me know if you need a double check when you are done :wink:. BTW try something different than a circle to reduce to 0 the chances of slipping.

1 Like