Carbon motor mount 8$

no one should be able to sell or buy this painting at 80 million $:

the point is we don’t have to buy it.

The motor mount you made is very similar to Enertion’s not only from a mechanical point of view, but also in terms of design/looks, so I understand why you were asked not to make them on a large scale.

It should be fairly easy to design your own mount, it is also perfectly acceptable if it is very similar in terms of how it works, usually one key differentiator is enough.

Im a mechanical engineering student and I think the mounts can still be made much better. There are some really fancy mounts out there, but they also cost a lot to manufacture due to increased complexity. Maybe after exams I might design my own and see if you guys like it.

Also, if you organise a group buy I think its perfectly normal if you make some money from it. Its a lot of work, and as long as youre being honest about it, its all good.

5 Likes

I don’t see why you shouldn’t make and sell the motor mounts you designed. It doesn’t matter where you took your measurements from.

I would be glad to do it. I have my own designs that work really well. As for upping the price, I cannot agree more with @Michaelinvegas if I do the mount gb, I would do it for minimal markup. But I would also like to sell a drivetrain along with it, which I will mark up a bit (you would still be getting a much better deal than say DIY).

I’d say we can make this an elected position so, if there is anyone else in the US who has their own finished mounts, and would like to run the group buy speak up. We can than have a poll to see who the people want.

P.S. Am I making this to complicated? Lol

1 Like

Carbon look nice but next mount could be full aluminium for better cooling.

3 Likes

Just received my mounts @fedestanco . Thanks a lot for the efforts on doing this possible, otherwise it would have been impossible for me to buy these pieces! Thanks again!

1 Like

I have about 4 motor mount designs ready to go for group buys in the us. Trying to get to level 3! Lol

1 Like

anyone already tested the mounts?

I posted that link before on the other post and got ranked to level 3 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Lol are you trying to drive him crazy lol @saul is obsessed lol

1 Like

too late, i just lost it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Might be worth designing a mount like the torqueboards with an insert for different tricks but obviously start with calibre first as you have the dimensions.

As haven’t seen one like this with carbon plate and think would be really nice I would pay a little more to have something like this. Also if you wanted to make some money on them it’s best to have a wider market of different trucks.

BWAHAHAHHA

1 Like

I have a tbv2, besides the broken motor plates (luckily tb hooked me up with some replacements)…I think its too bulky and odd to setup.

but i agree with different trucks. ronin was the only clear winner. but I don’t have any of those, yet.

I think you could make it thinner definitely but it’s how to keep the strength in the threads. But I have worked with aluminium and then use steel key inserts to help the threads stay intact but would this make it thicker again. But something would have to try. Wish I had easy access to a Cnc machine to test it out.

Just for the record: when you move from a simple 2d lasercut to a cnc prices rise exponentially. If you want to prove what I am saying just ask on alibaba the price for the laser cut and cnc of the same step file.

Could still do it with lazer just might be tougher with thicker aluminium for the clamp.

These are what I have used before if you thread lock them in then tap the pins they will never come out. And if you get the right size should be able to get enough clamping force to do a good tb style with one bolt with out the worrying of stripping threads. And could lazer cut it then tap out the threads out for these.

1 Like

hahahaha!!! :smiling_imp: