Can bus / BLDC issue

No worries. Hijack away :slight_smile: I don´t know what chip FOCBOX use but probably the same as 4.12. You should check with the store you got it from. I replaced the chip with a regular soldering iron. With a pointy tip. Remove the broken chip and clean up the pcb, get some solder to the 8 pinns on the chip and place it in it´s position. Hold it down with something so it doesnt move. and go over the pinns with the iron one by one. Just be careful and it will be over in 5 min :smile:

Hot air soldering would probably be a better way to do it tho…

Good luck

1 Like

Sounds a lot like my love life!!! :joy:

Thanks for the advice - it doesn’t seem like it should be two hard…famous last words! Just looked and the chip appears to be very similar - can I ask where you sourced it? Thanks man - hope you find a solution to your problem too.

hahahah :smiley:

It´s not hard at all. Just need to be careful so you don´t poke any components that is close to the chip with the iron. I bought mine from @Martinsp here on the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Legend - I’ll give it a go and pm @Martinsp separately - I’ll let you know how I get on! :muscle:

1 Like

If you decide to replace them yourself you can always start with removing the can receiver befor ordering the parts. When the chip is removed the esc should power on. If it doesn´t. something else is wrong.

1 Like

Holeee shit - I hadn’t realised that. I’ll do that for sure! Hey, if that’s the case could I then just use another method (like split Y) to connect them for the time being as you mentioned at the start of this topic?

That´s what I have been doing since for ever :stuck_out_tongue: Many riders prefer split servo insted of can bus

1 Like

Wow - you may just have got me back on my board - I’ll feedback when the sun comes up if it works - it’s nearly 1am here and I’ve spent the last 2 hours searching for canbus chips!!! :grin: Thanks again.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?Texas-Instruments%2FSN65HVD232DR%2F&qs=%2Fha2pyFaduiSwNSNMapJZOp5DAyrO2K%2FCQstQslsB94obQk%2FsWfaHA==

1 Like

Lol I checked mouser a month ago for that chip… All out of stock and would get new batch january…2018. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A split PPM cable in your future I see.

2 Likes

@L3chef you little ripper!!!

Unsoldered both chips and the FOCBOXs sprung back to life!!! Split PPM cable in the post so I’ll be up and running again by the end of the week! Massive thanks for the heads up buddy!

Hell yeah :smile: happy riding mate!

1 Like

So got a new vesc 4.12… Still no luck with can bus. Anyone? Master :

Slave has same settings except other ID and “send status over can” disabled

well that´s one way to post tiny pics I guess.

Fix your screenshots mate. Also slave should have “send status over can” enabled and master should have it disabled. “multiple escs over can” should also be enabled on the master.

YEah don´t know what happened :stuck_out_tongue: Sry I misspelled it. Slave vesc has “send status over can” enabled and master does not.

Multiple escs over can is enabled on th emaster

you made sure you plugged in the canbus connection correctly?

Yes I tried 2 different cables. only Can L and H connected (two pinns in the middle)

Is there a way where I can check individual vesc´s can bus if it work´s or not?