Caliber II width vs freebord hanger on gullwing sidewinder

i assume, as trampa uses 12 mm longer axles

Fun with Kydex…a heat gun… and wood… Gloves optional

3 Likes

Changed bushings and snugged everything down. Might try these as full gullwing sidewinders…too many projects.

5 Likes

These are Gullwing hangers? Measure? … 10" … 12" ??

I really like the kydex enclosure. How you make the corners? I might try kydex again after seeing ur enclosure . I had one failed attempt and gave up.

1 Like

No they are freeboard hangers on gullwing bases Will check tonight…putting stuff together this week…(the lady of the house is gone).

1 Like

It all folding with straight edges. Pretty basic. The ends get funky but little black hot glue.

I just picked up a freebord…

Edit: Hello @monkey32 Tell me more about the freebord hangers and gullwing sidewinder baseplates… -please.

Specifically: Are they a good match. Angle of pivot vs bushing seat is the same etcetera.

Did you wedge them?

It seems like they are binding up or something with Indy baseplates… Edit… Maybe it’s fine…it works, but it barely turns even on this pool deck… I only had one wedge. Definitely needs them… Maybe the sidewinders are a different angle…

Damn, wish I had known you were looking. Ive got a Freebord deck that’s been sitting in the corner for months. Just havent had time to finish it. Holler if you decide you want another.

1 Like

Wasn’t really looking for one.

It was nearly new at a second hand sports shop.

It defeated me a few weeks ago when I test rode it. Felt like the trucks were on backwards… That spring detent caster​:clown_face::skull_and_crossbones:

Determined to not let it win I went back and offered them $80…

I figured it was worth that for the sky hooks and deck.

Tried it another time and I swear my son kicked the rear out while I was just rocking it, not moving…

You know when your mom assures you she can ride your skateboard. Then stands on it and breaks a hip.

2 Likes

I can dig it, that’s why this deck will prolly be sitting here for another 6 months :slight_smile:

No wedging, suuuper carve. I am using the freeboard bushings on hanger and while a little wonky seems to work. Haven’t had time to test extensively but the quick ride I did was fine

How many plus in the freeboard?

1 Like

I am having trouble keeping my sidewinders steady at 25+ mph. Any advice?

I don’t know what that means :grinning:

Sorry mistype, plys is the board.

Ahh, I think it’s 9 but I’ll count when I get back to my office Monday.