Caliber II, 44 degrees, 6 inches

Will it be strong enough? How much would it cost to make a couple for me?

i wont know until i try lol the 2nd option is go with a cnc truck and have it clamp down on the axle

Just finished to cut one side. These caliber are pretty strong. Took me like 1hr with a small Dremel. The thing is that youā€™ve to be very precise to not scratch the axel because it will loose strength.

Dang lol that takes commitmentā€¦ I would have just thrown the hanger in my drillpress and used it like a lathe and used a hand file to file it down

I did it like in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjut8hVuLWM

The only difference is my tiny dremel took forever (but give me more precision) and the caliber 2 is stronger to break.

@DAddYE Iā€™ve been thinking of upgrading my r1. What made you do it? What all did you change?

The R1 was a nice way to start, and at the time it come out it was the only 30ā€ eboard with a kick tail (I canā€™t live without). Then I got the M1, I loved the hubs and not worrying about belt skips. But hated the deck. So I modified the riptide with a ownboard ESC (itā€™s amazing), got the Sanyo 10s2p and used the M1 hubs. I then upgraded the wheels using the one of the raptor and some good old gorilla tape to fill the diameter gap. Itā€™s a solid build. With the leftovers and a flipsky Vesc I made another spare board. However, the simplicity of the R1 makes it by daily driver.

If I had to go back I would still get the R1, get still the new ownboard ESC and itā€™s remote boosted style BUT get either the hummies (but Iā€™m not sure if they work on a normal ESC) or the 90mm Maytech. With the spare parts make another build in case something brakes.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been wanting to upgrade battery and esc. I like belt drive. Just donā€™t like my battery sag.

Wait the new battery from them (theyā€™ll release it soon) or get a Sanyo from meepo. It fits (but itā€™s tight) and youā€™ve to unsolder the jumper from the ESC.

1 Like

Oh. I didnā€™t hear about them releasing a new battery. Iā€™m building a dual 6374 belt drive set up now. But itā€™s gonna be a longboard. Iā€™ll miss the kick tailā€¦ Iā€™ll probably wait until my warranty is up and then tear into my Riptide.

skunk i have 48" with a kick tail and nose

1 Like

Pretty sure Iā€™ve seen it. I like to ride with my feet on the trucks with kicktail boards. I have an old 80s Santa Cruz deck id like to swap my riptide parts to.

1 Like

Screenshot_20180710-001119

1 Like

2 Likes

You gonna make a full build log for this? It looks awesome and id love to see more detail on it!

Sure. I will. (If youā€™re talking about mine lol)

1 Like

who else bud! you got a cool kitbash going on over there!

1 Like

Made it! Took forever to make the freaking thread but now the size of both trucks match.

2 Likes

You switched the stock riptide esc with a ownboard hobbywing hub motor esc and it worked?