Bustin Dualomo, hybrid esk8

I like your confidence, I hope your right, I’m pretty sure your not. Good luck anyways.

6 Likes

@esk8tr when you get it be sure to post it here, good or bad. Hope your brave enough to come back when your wrong. Also… im genuinly curious.

3 Likes

He’s gonna have to come back here if it doesn’t work we’re the only way he’s gonna get a board that goes 30 mph. :joy: But for real @esk8tr please get some video of you riding the board on a top speed run.

Jesus Christ you sound like a fanboy

1 Like

Small dual hubs manage this much ? Or you were talking about belt / gear drive?

1 Like

doubtful its small hubs… the amount of heat and lack of dissipation nukes numbers :thinking:

1 Like

What I was thinking lol eBikes achieve 93-98% but what a chonky motor! We run Hotwheels in comparison haha

1 Like

Absolutely. I love the motors in onewheels/ebikes/EUCs

Their sound is the best :stuck_out_tongue: If my ninebot motor actually made the same noise it does at speed that it does at low… I would sound like a panther :rofl:

1 Like

The Pu on here and the motor size is like I sold years ago. The Pu can’t take the heat and eventually softens and expands and flies off. I bet if u were to run these at their stated max wattage for a while this will happen after some days and the deterioration of the Pu will progress and the tires ruined after not long. Maybe not. If not either there’s magic in the motor keeping it cool despite its small size and standard components or the Pu is something magical.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking btw, can’t you try something derived from MoeStooge’s 120mm race wheels with your hubs ? You got the power to boot, it’d help the cooling a lot not to be trapped in the nitrile wrap no?

1 Like

>implying this isnt going to be another 10a per motor BEAST

pfft get gud hummers

1 Like

After multiple versions trying to make the motor stronger and keep cool I don’t want to go over 91mm. That’s the plan. All these lofty and torque board direct drives intended for giant wheels is going to put a lot of stress on an already stressed motor vehicle j my mind. If it goes over 140f, that may be fine for magnets n wire but it will destroy Pu and bearings suffer and efficiency goes from bad to even worse

1 Like

What about fat overbearings then ? Putting a rim between your motor and the tyre with even a tiny layer of free space will help insulate the tire yet allow airflow. Overbearings or outer bearings would help take the beating too :v:

1 Like

Gunna seal motors next time n bigger bearings. Ceramic would be good for stopping heat too. But all these tricks…rather a bigger motor. But yap yap n hope to meet these motors on the road n we will see. Surely they need some kinda temp sensor in the motor to decreases current or it will go Nukuler. If u try the local mountain up and down… If u have these is San Fran write me and let’s see

1 Like

Because he is lol.

@esk8tr Anything you’ve built to show us your more experience then us or something? We can simply do the math based on what we are seeing. 700 watts is for toys, not real eskates. The acceleration is going to be awful. It’s not like we’ve been building our own boards or anything for the past couple of years…

Notice the design also of the truck. These are shitty hoverboard style motors. They don’t attach to a through axel. Each wheel has it’s own “axle” per say, held on the truck with 4 screws each. Why? Cheap to make and very easy to design. I think it’s ugly and not what a performance eskate should be build on.

At 30mph, I want a proper through axle… That speed is not for the faint of heart…

4 Likes

I only have experience with belt drives. with the efficiency at 85% and all my board specs put into this calculator http://calc.esk8.it/ the top speed is accurate. I’m under the impression that your efficiency wouldn’t change too much based on the drive system because it’s a result of air drag and weight (because a 100% value would be no load/ full throttle on the bench)

1 Like

Funny thing is…You’ll be be either editing what you just wrote or just wishing you had bought something better when you yourself get to try one on a 25% incline. See you back here in a few weeks asking how to fix the clicky hubs and sleeve problems lol.

10 Likes

@esk8tr20190331_213528

5 Likes

As they say, be quicker of mind then of tongue

1 Like

J’ai atteint 47kph avec 82kg, j’ai parcouru 14miles avec une vitesse moyenne de 32kph, il y avait quelque bonne montée sur mon chemin