Bustin Dualomo, hybrid esk8

Nope. they just dont bother changng the design from the chinese supplier (CDM?) https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/WINboard-MAX-pu-replaceable-3000w-hub_60742056663.html

1 Like

Well wheel bite would occur.

Those hubs are designed that way for heat dissapation, not anti wheelbite. The urethane adds like 5mm of thickness

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, they’re the old Backfire design. Still get hot as shit which causes the urethane to warp/vibrate. Not half bad with the 97mm covers but that defeats the “hybrid” purpose of this board.

All I ever see when I look at this board is that name Dualomo and see 𨳒老母

3 Likes

Mother?  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diu_(Cantonese) and then mother

2 Likes

Motherfucker ?

3 Likes

Damn, now I can’t unsee that either. “Diulomo” :rofl:

1 Like

whats the “push” ability of these? or the mellow hubs which also claim to be easy to push. anyone ridden them?

with the permanent magnets I cant see how you could get any easier push. you either have enough magnet strength to allow less turns on the stator side and run cooler, and the stronger magnets producing a stonger magnetic field in the gap when unpowered and so less push-ability, or it’s a weaker magnetic field in the airgap allowing an easy push-ability, but at the expense of needing more turns on the stator side of the motor to produce a strong magnetic field in the gap, which will then have more resistance and not be as powerful (get hot). Is there any way around the magnetic resistance of the eddy currents and hysteresis and its reduced push-ability with a permanent magnet motor?

2 Likes

Only the guys from Jay-Kay have solved this differently.

On all other hubmotors it’s just tweaking the same PMSM concept.

1 Like

For 6 months every post here’s been talking crap about this Bustin/Dualomo that hasn’t even hit the streets. It should be out in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait to see you guys eat those words. I’m in middle GA if you want to come over and try it. 30+mph and climb over 25% incline is something no other can do since this is nothing but a copy of existing eboard’s, huh?

1 Like

Look at the stats, those numbers are questionable at best.

4 Likes

Less so talking crap and more so trying to understand what it is. From this, it seems the consensus is that there’s nothing unique about this board. And there’s nothing wrong with that, but there’s nothing great about that either.

One of the best things about this hobby (suck it) is that us eating our words mean progression. I love eating words.

The only thing i don’t like about the Dualomo is that it markets it 's Push-ability as if it’s a unique feature of the board. I would be more forgiving if this was a Gear Drive marketing its free roll or if they even implemented a push assist feature , but all it is is a Good deck on OK components, on questionably ok wheels, with alright but can do better batteries.

Bustin could’ve done better.

9 Likes

First off, your attitude should change so you dont dissapoint yourself :kissing:

How is it different?

Is it REALLY the specs you claim? If so ill eat my proverbial hat, but until then I think that this forums seasoned users can spot false esk8 claims like a tennis ball amongst baseballs.

7 Likes

I’m not saying it’s impossible but 700 watts is barely enough to get a 160 pound rider with a frontal area of 4 sq/ft (this would mean a full tuck most likely) and a drag coefficient of .9 to 30 mph (according to this calculator) it says .85 hp which is 633.76 watts meaning ou only have 65 ish watts of headroom http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculate%20HP%20For%20Speed.php Also I’m pretty sure that this early hub motors are 75 kv and at 42 volts (full charge) with 83 mm wheels a 1:1 ratio you get 31.5 mph with 100% efficiency. I’ve found that you get about 85% efficiency in the real world and I’m pretty light (140 pounds) in conclusion I don’t think this board has the ability to go 30 mph with a rider on it in real wprld conditions and I don’t feel like doing the math for the hill climb percent but I don’t think a 25% hill climb is possible either

5 Likes

If you look on Instagram under Dualomo you’ll see more photos of the board’s components than you’ll find anywhere. Motors out of the case so you can see if they are different. They say they haven’t removed all resistance, just got it very low. I figured like on ebikes with bearings in their hub motors, but they can’t have regen braking, which they claim to have, so total freewheel is impossible so far.

Groundbreaking

2 Likes

If they have a magnet passing a conductive surface, as all permanent magnet motors do, then eddy currents and hysteresis will occur creating drag. The stronger the motor the more this drag will occur. You can use many magnets and teeth and that will decrease the cogging that can be felt as the motor rotates at slow speed but cogging supposedly producers no net gain or loss so you won’t get a better coast that way. So far it’s seeming they have good coastability because it’s a small weak motor.

It seems to have a 20 tooth stator at least, so more than the typical 12 tooth, so less cogging, which is just the ratcheting effect you can feel in your hand but not going to make a better coast with that alone

2 Likes

Just got a message that small weak 30+mph motor will be here the first week of March. So get your favorite sauces ready, it’ll make those words a lot easier goin down.