Bustin Dualomo, hybrid esk8

It definitely in that mid performance range with blink wowgo koolwheel meepo …I bet they are all the same junk sandwiched pcb components too…I’ve opened a couple at the skate shop my friends are at and the components seem very very similar if not the same …as I’m new to this still but Toronto has no diy game what so ever at all …all you see is evolve boosted and all the china junk non-stop they are everywhere…even better I swear non of these ppl ride a skate board in there life they all look like nerds and no muscle to pick a pencil up from typing so much…I get scard watching these ppl wobble down the road at 10k with all the traffic …

2 Likes

We tested the Koowheel ESC quite a bit and they’re solid as shit. It wouldn’t suprise me at all if we found similar electronics in there.

4 Likes

Yes you are correct I’m wrong with the Koolwheel since the gen two its been much better correct…it’s above those other premature jack off builds…I know I’ll be watching for hummie hubs on his next build… I hope he does anyways…he is my next as I’m starting to get a slew of carvons drives…when I see I buy …lol…carvon my new drug of choice…

I actually have a 33" Sportster that I pushed to work from the train station for about 4 months before using meepo parts to convert it to an eskate for the same commute. It has been going for a year strong now and I have been pretty hard on it (not to mention crappy pavement).

2 Likes

I like that deck, as I get older I like a little longer deck, but that is a badass platform.

:point_up_2:…same shitty chinese trucks with protruding bolts along the hangers that you’ll find everywhere in almost any chinese board nowadays…:point_down:

“Developed” ?? …my royals!!

1 Like

I fucking knew i saw that shit on ebay.

2 Likes

and of course at our buddy’s shop too: http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-hub-motor-9052mm-1000w75kv-power-truck-p-657.html

2 Likes

9 Likes

Or just make it a bit longer.

2 Likes

Msrp 1799? I don’t think so. They will sell It for 1200$ if they want to compete. The early bird price is amazing if i am wrong(i am not…)

So I hope you guys are wrong. Was gonna do my first DIY build converting my Bustin Sportster… Then this thing came along. What sold me was the pushability. Are all hubdrives easy to push or are they onto something new? I should be receiving my board in February/March. Will post my experience here.

Looks like Bustin is truely backing this. Pre-sale opened on their site. Screenshot_2018-11-13-22-04-25

Fairly confident that it depends on a lot of things but you can make belt drives with a good amount of leway to push (or move the belt out of the pulley).

It’s just the board looks like nothing new, the remote looks like a rearranged crown wheel remote and the hubs don’t seem to be different from anything we’ve seen before. You would think that Bustin would try to partner up with a company worthy of it’s reputation but all they’re doing (Duaomo) is acting Like hubs are doing something that other drive train (one in which can probably free roll better than hubs).

It’s even a bit funny since this board seems to not have a push assist feature, the one feature that would actually validate its marketing. It’s push features is just relying on the better free rolling ability of some hubs.

If it’s pushabiity that sold you, you coulda either built a gear drive board or wait on push assist implementation for the unity.

Where have you seen the remote design? Is it this? Screenshot_2018-11-13-22-45-40 Screenshot_2018-11-13-22-46-22 Screenshot_2018-11-13-22-46-33

1 Like

Yes a redesigned (by which they just took the circle out and moved the buttons)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/48km-h-1000w-dual-hub-motor_60674443705.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.maes88c8c1.8.648a6c4e9O2xfi

This, along with the hub motors points it to being the same manufacture as Crownwheel, a questionable company with questionable tactics.

I like everything about it except the trucks, small battery, hubmotors and clear wheels.

9 Likes

lol…Love Bustin decks…i think we never forget our first build :heart_eyes:

Unfortunatelly it looked a bit clunky on pneumies. 20180501_220118

1 Like

shiiiiiiiit, that looks awesome!

2 Likes

thanks!..one more…lol 20180501_220151

2 Likes