Bushing Set up Help

Ill buy a set and see how they work, what would you recommend APS,KRANK,or WFB

Go with Krank, if they donā€™t fit, we will credit your purchase so please let us know what you find out

I have both Krank and the aps. I have aps 92.5 barrel with aps 88 barrels on my setup with my surf adapter and that are super turny.

Just ordered them, we will see how they turn out.

1 Like

Hi @Alphamail

I wondered if you can help me.

I just finished putting together my board (An Evolve Carbon GT). I thought it would be a great idea to go with the stock trucks but this has turned out to be a bit of a disaster as I get massive speed wobbles any time I try to accelerate above 20mph. Further to this they also feel like they want to be in the turn constantly so even when Iā€™m trying to hold it straight they feel twitchy as hell and Iā€™m constantly trying to correct.

Iā€™ve ordered some Surf Rodz 45degree RKPā€™s with 80mm axles as I understand these have a reputation for being more stable at speed.

I would now like your help to find the right bushings. I donā€™t mind buying more than I need so I can try different combinations.

My weight is 170 but 180 with gear. My preference is speed. I like long, gentle, stable turns as Iā€™m from a snowboarding background and want to try recreate that feeling of holding an edge. Most of the time though Iā€™m bombing it forwards so I really want something that is happy to keep me in the middle and holding my line. I definitely feel I need more stability at the back.

If you think it would be an idea to wedge also Iā€™m open to the idea.

Thanks. I really appreciate the help!

1 Like

@jimmymagix For the Evolve trucks, check post 936 above for the theory of setting them up, as for the Surf Rodz 45 degree RKPā€™s, are you using AT tires?

I donā€™t think double kingpin are my thing, I think the focus there is obviously more manoeuvrability, which is not what Iā€™m after as a main goal. I plan on dumping the Evolve trucks completely.

Iā€™m not using AT, Iā€™m on 97 flywheels.

1 Like

Iā€™ve reconsidered. Iā€™ll buy the bushings you recommended in 936 as Iā€™m keen to try different combos to find the perfect ride and it seems like you found something very close!

I would still like your input on the RKPs though as Iā€™d like to try those too.

Thanks!

1 Like

Cool, let me know how it works out, for your weigh, I would opt for the lower duro range. As for the SZ RKP/s I would definitely dewedge the rear 5 to 10 degrees and leave the front at 45 degrees to start. A fun and functional bushing setup for the split above would be a Cone / Barrel front and a Barrel / FatCone rear in either KranK 93a or APS 92.5a

Thanks for the help Alphamail. With the resources you provided me I was able to make my wobbles completely disappear. I ended up using a double barrel 95a with large cup washer on both front and rear.

2 Likes

@Alphamail

Just got the Magnum Bushings in and they seem to fit really well Board Side, Theres no slop or movement were there shouldnā€™t be.

Will have to test the ride quality soon.

Is there anything specific I should check for?

1 Like

Just start out slow, wear safety gear and experiment with different conditions and various compression levels with the kingpin nut to find the range of adjustability

1 Like

What do you recommend road side?

Should I just vary it or stick with a medium Barrel?

Im gonna place another order for more bushings are there any I should get specificly?

1 Like

Experiment with what you have

1 Like

little more angle on your front

Hi,

Iā€™m looking to get a new bushing set-up to replace my stock ones. Could you recommend me a setup?

• I use genuine caliber II 44ā€™
  • I use stock bushing that came with it. This is a Cone/barrel
  • The trucks feel alright. But I would like to have more manoeuvrability so looser. It is quite stable and little speed wobble at high speeds and I would like to keep it like that. Not sure what you mean with less or more rebound and how that will affect my riding.
  • Aggressive riding, aggressive carving at medium to high speeds. Or just very relaxing, cosy ride.
  • ttps://www.ospreyactionsports.co.uk/osprey-text-twin-tip-longboard.html this is my deck and wheelbite is not very likely.
  • 75 to 80 (with equipment) kilos
1 Like

Ordered some riptide bushings for my SR TKPā€™s, hopefully i got the right stuff lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently in crunch time to make a build. Since Iā€™ve never skated beforeā€¦ I really have no idea what Iā€™m after. Mainly looking for a recommendation for the SR RKPā€™s to be safe & stable at my weight. Would be open to buying a few pairs from you initially to get a feel of things.

1 Like

@s5300, I would strongly suggest riding with the stock SZ bushings to begin with, at this point, we will be guessing what will work for you. I appreciate your willingness to pick up several sets of our bushings but we work best if you have problems or issues with your setup. The stock bushings may feel just right to you but as you gain experience your will realize what you want to be different. At that moment, we can help!

3 Likes

Hey. Riding SZ rkps. Went with your recommendation of krank 93a fatcone/barrel and barrel/cone.

I had to over compress the bushings to keep me stable and I couldnā€™t turn very well. I tried cups everywhere and loosened a bit but still didnā€™t feel right. I now put venom hpf barrels 95 cupped rear and 93 in front, not as stable but can turn great. Iā€™d kinda like to try the same setup you recommended but a higher duro. Any chance I could buy 1 fatcone 2 barrels and 1 cone?

Maybe aps instead of krank? Dunno

1 Like